Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willie Casey-Guillermo Rigondeaux, world title fight

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

200483_154740501253975_100001540776116_338503_2574738_n.jpg

Thats a great picture to be honest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He got 100% pwned. Game as can be but was totally outclassed. He hardly threw a punch after the heavy bodyshots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCXE9FmQquY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

im delighted he lost to be blunt about it. during the national anthem he didnt have the decency to stand still and wait for the anthem to end. half way through it he was jumping around the opposite side of the ring. seemed more like he wanted everyone to cheer for him rather than phsyc the cuban out.

he is over rated and the band wagon crew where behind him because "isnt it great for the city"...................... i would say what i think about that but i think it would come be a ban.

in boxing terms he just didnt look mentality prepared for the fight.

also how can there be a world title fight when one fighter has 11 fights under his belt and the other had 7............................................

ridiculous fight but as i said i wasnt cheering for the not so big bang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Icky Thump wrote: »
    also how can there be a world title fight when one fighter has 11 fights under his belt and the other had 7............................................
    Hype. Boxing has always been about hype as much as anything else.

It was also only an interim title fight, a fact that was unsurprisingly played down in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

im delighted he lost to be blunt about it. during the national anthem he didnt have the decency to stand still and wait for the anthem to end. half way through it he was jumping around the opposite side of the ring. seemed more like he wanted everyone to cheer for him rather than phsyc the cuban out.

If that was a hanging offence then the hangman would never be idle.

• Advertisement

half way through the national anthem he was running around the ring............................... thats ok??? its bad enough people cheer half wat through the thing besides running around and not having any respect.

i didnt see the Rigondeaux running around being disrespecfu to his national anthem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

half way through the national anthem he was running around the ring............................... thats ok??? its bad enough people cheer half wat through the thing besides running around and not having any respect.

i didnt see the Rigondeaux running around being disrespecfu to his national anthem

You should really try to get a life tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its a song,nothing more.

wow real sense of national pride in here.

really different from all the bandwagon "great for the city" "we should be proud of a limerikman" type stuff at the start of the thread. real colours been shown i suppose

the national anthem is the same as the flag. you disrespect it and you disrespect the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

really different from all the bandwagon "great for the city" "we should be proud of a limerikman" type stuff at the start of the thread. real colours been shown i suppose

the national anthem is the same as the flag. you disrespect it and you disrespect the country.

And I suppose a DJ playing it in a pub at 2:30am to a crowd of pissed up people is "respecting" it yeah? Get off your patriotic horse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hate blind nationalism...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mod Hat on:

Leave out the personalised remarks folks. A little mutual respect goes a long way on message-boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

I have huge respect for the flag and anthem but when attending a sports event I rearly see either being respected so I hardly see your point being unique to Willie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

And that same limerickman was disrespecting the flag by your logic. He's a boxer, they need to keep themselves hyped up and moving before a fight, you see it all the time with guys throwing practice punches in the ring before the match and dancing around, the fact he didnt stop to hear a song that a few hundred pissed punters were half singing the words to when his head was probably elsewhere doesnt mean he was disrespecting anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: are you one of these people who make people stand up for the anthem in a pub or when a match is on tv?

Advertisement