Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

41x bus route evenings from UCD

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:45pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just started working in the City Centre, and am trying to find out if anyone knows if the 41x stops on Lower Leeson Street on the way from UCD in the evenings? Had fun today thinking it stopped at the Upper Leeson St stop just over the bridge, then pelting down to Stephens Green :o

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I got it at the stop across from Institute of Education before but that was a while back so I dunno how reliable or helpful my post is! :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Larianne wrote: »
    I got it at the stop across from Institute of Education before but that was a while back so I dunno how reliable or helpful my post is! :confused:

I shall spend lunchtime tomorrow sourcing the elusive Leeson St stop :D

Dublin Bus should have some sort of lights on the bit that tells you which bus stops at a stop so that you don't have to wander around like a half blind zombie in the dark peering at them :D

Stheno wrote: »
    I shall spend lunchtime tomorrow sourcing the elusive Leeson St stop :D

Dublin Bus should have some sort of lights on the bit that tells you which bus stops at a stop so that you don't have to wander around like a half blind zombie in the dark peering at them :D

Do you get the 41x in the morning? You could ask the driver then? If not, I'll ask the driver on my way in tomorrow and report back.

You can't rely on the signage on the bus stops either. The 41x bus stop on Dawson street is not the stop with the number on it. Had to peg it back up the road to catch it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you get the 41x in the morning? You could ask the driver then? If not, I'll ask the driver on my way in tomorrow and report back.

You can't rely on the signage on the bus stops either. The 41x bus stop on Dawson street is not the stop with the number on it. Had to peg it back up the road to catch it. :rolleyes:

I'm mildly afraid of the drivers, one of them growled at me yesterday when I asked him something :)

Anyway, I've found them, there are two :) one at the Institute, and another further up near Fitzwilliam Square :)

Thanks!

Coolio, coz I forgot this morning! :pac:

Ah, there's one or two lovely drivers on the 41x route but lately they seem to be all new. :confused: One went the wrong way the other week.

• Advertisement

Coolio, coz I forgot this morning! :pac:

Ah, there's one or two lovely drivers on the 41x route but lately they seem to be all new. :confused: One went the wrong way the other week.

I thought they went through the port tunnel in the evening reading the site, but it appears that's the morning lol

Yeah, just in the mornings which is a pain as the traffic is awful in the evenings too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Stheno are you sorted now?
    The bus stop is just up from the sugar club.
    Larianne, I miss the old drivers, they knew all the shortcuts, Since before Christmas the 41x route has been all over the place, and I've turned into the crazy lady sending multiple emails to their complaints dept.
    I'm starting to think they're purposely messing up the route to see how many people complain, so they can mess around with it when it comes to the Network Review.

I am, thanks Ginny :)

Can't believe how long the evening bus takes :eek: Hour and a half it was this evening! Must start sending emails lol

Stheno wrote: »
    Can't believe how long the evening bus takes :eek: Hour and a half it was this evening! Must start sending emails lol

Yes, this is why I stay in college late and study. I just can't be stuck on a bus for that length of time.

Why exactly can't it go through the tunnel? I mean, people who have stops at Drumcondra train station up Dorset street manage in the mornings, why go that way in the evenings?

There was always one really smiley bus driver in the evening 41x but I don't get it any more so I don't know if he's still on it.

• Advertisement

The slightly balding smiley man?He's my friends Dad and he's not on it anymore, none of the usual drivers have been on in a while either in the morning or evening.:(

Yeah Stheno takes me 1hr 15 mins in the morning and 1hr 20 mins in the evening to do the full journey....:(
    Summers are faster though.

Ginny wrote: »
    The slightly balding smiley man?He's my friends Dad and he's not on it anymore, none of the usual drivers have been on in a while either in the morning or evening.:(

Yeah Stheno takes me 1hr 15 mins in the morning and 1hr 20 mins in the evening to do the full journey....:(
    Summers are faster though.

There was a balding happy man tonight on the 17:15 from Belfield, hit Leeson St at 17:25 and I was in my house at 18:15, he drove like the clappers, avoided the M1, went up the back way from Santry, the man is a saint, gave him a HUGE smile getting off the bus :)

Mornings are 50/55 mins to Leeson St, evenings up to an hour and a half :(

Last job was in Newbridge, left the house at 7:30 in my car, stopped for a tea on the way, and was in at 8:30 without breaking any speed limits if there were no hold ups, that's 40kms as opposed to the 10kms to town!!

I do appear to have parking in work, and once I figure out that I have, I might simply change my hours and start at 7:30 like a few colleagues and drive in! Getting up at six am instead of six thirty would be no hassle to save at least an hour commuting in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I have a related question that I hope it's ok to put in this thread.

How long does the 41X in the morning from Swords typically take to get to Donnybrook Church stop?

If I needed to be at Donnybrook Church by 8.45am would either of the 41xs get me there in time?

The 7:25am one should do, during the summer the 7:45 one would too.

Advertisement