Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bus routes and service do you use?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

RouteTracker
    RouteSync
    BusTracker
    BusSync

Just a few :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Buswatch

where's my bus

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Bus Buddy
    You wait for 1 and then...
    Wheres my bus
    Whats the delay
    Wheres Fred (for just mary)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

omnibus

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Dude, Where's My Bus
    Harold & Kumar Go to Bus Eireann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    where's my bus

Bus Éireann have beaten 'em to that one http://www.wheresmybus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Flancrest enterprise, or maybe interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

JustMary wrote: »

Drat! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

The red bus is great usually on time compared to bus eireann. Will you be using them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I don't use them. I live on the west side of the city so I've zero confidence in Bus Éireann's ability to get the busses on the road for each departure let alone run a meaningful timetable on any of the routes here. I used to use them occasionally but realised that I'd get there faster walking let along cycling or by car. The only bus I'll ever use is the Eyre Square - Parkmore route purely due to the distance involved and even then I'd try to avoid it if possible.

Having been in cities with actual public transport, I wouldn't even call it a 'service'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭shaggykev

I don't use them. I live on the west side of the city so I've zero confidence in Bus Éireann's ability to get the busses on the road for each departure let alone run a meaningful timetable on any of the routes here. I used to use them occasionally but realised that I'd get there faster walking let along cycling or by car. The only bus I'll ever use is the Eyre Square - Parkmore route purely due to the distance involved and even then I'd try to avoid it if possible.

Having been in cities with actual public transport, I wouldn't even call it a 'service'.

Completely agree, I live near the 4 bus, what a joke. One bus at 8:20 in morning, nothing again to 9:10 & one at 9:30. often don't show in winter when you need them or are really late. Same at peak hour in evening. One at 5:25 and one at 5:40(have seen this bus about as much as Santa Clause and doubt if really exists) and then nothing again to 6:45. Again no point waiting for it as its completely unreliable

Pure nonsense system of routes going from one side of town to the other thereby guaranteeing to get caught in traffic for all.

If I lived on east side Im sure i'd use it as with high frequency comes reliabilty but surely a new better route could be mapped that combined newcastle with rahoon but didnt take that dopey route.

PS. I heard the driver say all the timetables are changing in a few weeks so maybe they'll finally sort it out. Whats the score with the bus stops beside the Cathedral. Are they going to use them for routes 2,4,5?

Given that they often don't even run all the busses on the current timetable (and unless things have changed will quite happily lie to cover this up) I also have zero confidence in them running the new timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

JustMary wrote: »
    Hilarious name.

I'm saying that to myself most days... stood at a bus stop for ages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 rentboy

Hey all,

A simple question really, just wondering if anybody knows if there is a toilet service on the Dublin to Galway bus route by 'GoBus'?

Many thanks,
    rb

Yup. All 'express' busses are supposed to have toilets. GoBus have toilets in all their fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

We've a draft version of the app ready now for you patient people!

And the name...
    xtradel wrote: »
    Bus Buddy

We currently have the number 3 and 9 routes on it. I know the #9 is missing a couple of stops, need to get out on the bike some day.

If you're using the app, please enable your GPS and share your location for other users! You'll see your own position being mapped as you travel.

We have a webpage which supports the app, it'll show any live users currently on the network as green androids.
    small-droid.png

www.busbuddy.mobi

To download, click or scan the barcode on your android mobile;

scan.gif

It seems to be problematic running on weaker handsets (HTC Wildfire) but running fine with likes of HTC Desire. Getting a gps lock is also proving tricky on the bus, so I think the next step forward is to introduce the working model to bus companies and convince them to provide gps locations of their buses... would be a lot easier with a receiver on the roof.

Feedback welcome

Advertisement