Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrows Threaded in Dublin for a Guy

Options
  • 02-02-2011 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Just wondering where can I can get my eyebrows threaded in Dublin. Any where in Dublin 15 would be ideal or City Centre.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Any place should do a guy, you don't need a special salon or anything! There's been a lot of recommendations here, use the search function there to find the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Without wishing to sound condecending, why would you want to get your brows threaded? If it's just to tidy them up then trim them yourself or have your barber do it next time you get a hair cut. Threading is more for shaping your eyebrows into arches and that is a look that few men carry well.
    If yours is a delibrate choice to shape your eyebrows then fair enough any threader will do it for you. I'm just can't help but think you might be confusing threading with trimming.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

OldGoat wrote: »
    Without wishing to sound condecending, why would you want to get your brows threaded? If it's just to tidy them up then trim them yourself or have your barber do it next time you get a hair cut. Threading is more for shaping your eyebrows into arches and that is a look that few men carry well.
    If yours is a delibrate choice to shape your eyebrows then fair enough any threader will do it for you. I'm just can't help but think you might be confusing threading with trimming.

It depends OldGoat - if the OP has brows like Richard Keys for example, or the Gallagher brothers with the unibrow and stray hairs down to the crease of the eyelid, threading will help in a way that trimming won't. Threading is *usually* done for shaping but also to remove brow hairs that aren't on the brow, you don't have to shape just remove the extraneous hairs around the brow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Good point well made. I never concidered the unibrow.
    Though, tbh I'd still just take it out with the sissors that I use to trim my brows. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I get my eyebrows threaded in Mandala on Dawson street: http://www.mandala.ie/

My eyebrows have a good shape anyway (*smug!:p*) but threading is great to keep them looking neater and take away the little hairs between my eyes and hairline on my temples; the curse of being dark-haired!

I've seen a good mix of men and women in there too, and they do a student discount now as well :) I can't say enough good things about the woman who does the threading, she's lovely! I think she's the only one who's trained to do it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I've been getting my brows and upper lip threaded for about 2 years now and have been happy with the Mandala Spa and the Beauty Plus service in Debenhams. However it has cost me €35.00 each time. The Body Shop are now doing it for €12 and I've had it done in their shop on Grafton Street and was very happy with the results.

Advertisement