Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting UCDents stop texting me.

• 02-02-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Any idea how I achieve this? I care not for their events. Why isn't there something on the site etc. to opt out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056160274

doesn't look like there is any way to opt out unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Signed up to UCD ents with my number in september 09'. They didn't contact me all of last year. I didn't sign up to any societies or ents last semester. Yet they choose to bombard me now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

All societies follow a strict rule of deleting all records of the previous year's membership contact details. Apparently Ents feel that signing up in the Freshers Tent is a life time contract! I've tried getting my details removed, the suggestion was not appreciated or followed up! Meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 JBoy!

email ents and give out me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mail your number to jonny@ucdents.com (And ask to get unsubbed.....) and you should get taken off lists (According to Giselle).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

OSI wrote: »
    Nope... The rule is there but very few follow it.
    Maybe in the big socs, but all the small societies I know start with a fresh list each year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

E-mailed them. remains to be seen if I get another UCDents text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

Also emailed them.

Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just got a text from CITIBAR

Now I know they don't have my number. I'm opening a case with Comreg. This has gone way too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

ironclaw wrote: »
    Just got a text from CITIBAR

Now I know they don't have my number. I'm opening a case with Comreg. This has gone way too far.

I got the same text. I'm doing the same. This is ridiculous. This is also breaching the data protection act unless I'm mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

My father (who has definitely not attended UCD) got a text from CITIBAR about a UCD related event, although I have been plagued by all the texts from UCDents I didn't get the text from CITIBAR.

Just checked and my fathers number is on the Emergency contact details (in the SIS account)
    Very strange..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JonnyCosgrove

hi guys,

Jonny here. If you wish to remove yourself simply email myself @ jonny@ucdents.com with the subject line please remove number and your mobile and it shall be done.

all the numbers collected were done so in compliance with the data protection act and all numbers which are emailed come from numbers collected at Freshers week, orientation week and various ents events throughout the year. I made a point of not using previous years database as has been the case in the past.

if you feel that you are receiving them and shouldn't be it is usually the case that someone put down the wrong number/mixed a digit up on sign-up.

with regard the citibar text, i also recived this and can say officially that it was nothing to do with UCD Ents, they merely mentioned UCD, that doesn't mean I passed on any data.

anything just drop me an email I've no issue dealing with your questions.

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patchmck

KatCookie wrote: »
    My father (who has definitely not attended UCD) got a text from CITIBAR about a UCD related event, although I have been plagued by all the texts from UCDents I didn't get the text from CITIBAR.

Just checked and my fathers number is on the Emergency contact details (in the SIS account)
    Very strange..

Sick...

I got a string of texts from a pizza place advertising 2 for 1 and that last year. After asking around ucd I think a lot of people were getting them. Considering the fact that I had never even given my number to any societies I did wonder had ucd just sold a load of their students numbers.

Really wouldn't surprise me if the college had, anything to get more money out of their students.

Advertisement