Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats Question

• 02-02-2011 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if any one else thats repeating is doing a subject outside school?I'm doing Geography on my own as the school did not have enough room in the geography class for me...what would be the best way to getting study done because I do find that I forget about it sometimes and when I do get around to getting done I'm not sure if I'm doing enough...

Thanks,
    Roisin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

Roshee91 wrote: »
    Just wondering if any one else thats repeating is doing a subject outside school?I'm doing Geography on my own as the school did not have enough room in the geography class for me...what would be the best way to getting study done because I do find that I forget about it sometimes and when I do get around to getting done I'm not sure if I'm doing enough...
    Thanks, Roisin

Make out a study plan for the evenings and do geography when the rest of them are doing religion or sphe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BagheeraK

I do Geography outside school too!
    I normally write notes on each section in the book, with diagrams etc, then whenever I finish a section I do 2 or 3 of the common exam questions on it, and correct it and whatnot, to try and have an A standard answer for each section, so that when I go back to study it's just a matter of learning bullet points and the likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I find this too with Economics (i'm doing it outside of school). I'm in 5th year and took it up after Christmas. Have 1/4 of the course done but haven't attempted any exam questions or that. Just wrote out notes and learnt them, does anyone have any advice?. Looking for a B3 + in HL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 livelaughlove

I find this too with Economics (i'm doing it outside of school). I'm in 5th year and took it up after Christmas. Have 1/4 of the course done but haven't attempted any exam questions or that. Just wrote out notes and learnt them, does anyone have any advice?. Looking for a B3 + in HL

For economics some people only do bits of the course that come up the most but in my opinion you should definately cover the whole course as the short questions can come from anywhere and i mean ANYWHERE! In my leaving cert. last year there was a definition that wasn't in the text book, even our teacher didn't know it.
    You should definately start doing some exam questions even if you are in fifth year. A market structure is a definite question so know your m arket structures off by heart. International trade can be an easy question when it comes up. Be sure to know the basic stuff like demand and supply. People take them for granted and end up making stupid mistakes and losing valuable marks.
    Economics isn't that hard, you just have to be able to understand it. What I did for the short questions was wrote out all the short questions that were in the exam papers (a good few were the same) and learnt them and you are nearly guarenteed that six of the ones you have learnt will come up on the day.

Advertisement