Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Championship Replays upload to Youtube??

Options
  • 02-02-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently running a midweek GT5 championship here. It would be cool if we could upload replays from our races to YouTube so we could watch again. Unfortunately GT5 has no easy way to do this and I don't think I can reason spending so much money on a capture device as I wouldn't get enough use out of it.

So what I'm asking for is a favour, from someone with a PVR or Easycap to record the replay of each race (I can email you the replay file no problem) and then upload to YouTube. The person would also need a copy of GT5 so they could watch the replays of course.

I know this is a fairly big ask but if anyone is interested let me know :)

Also if anyone is interested in joining we still have plenty of room.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I can do it if you want.

A friend of mine races with you from boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Tallon wrote: »
    I can do it if you want.

A friend of mine races with you from boards :)

Yea that'd be deadly.

What would be the best way to send it to you? I'll have to check the file sizes but I imagine it'd be too big for email.

I could get a loan of the game off a friend.

Is there a file share you can upload it too like Call of Duty?

Or is there an option to email it / upload to zShare

Nah there's no file share as fair as I know, think its only for photos.

I can export the replay files to a hard drive and upload them to zshare or something no problem though. I assume you can then just save them back to your PS3 and watch the video from there.

I'll check tonight and upload it to zshare.

• Advertisement

Wait, if you're uploading it to zshare then why not put it on youtube yourself?

What format is it in?

Thats the thing. You can export the files from GT5 ok. But these files aren't any form of video files. They will only work within GT5. GT5 is needed to view the replay with these files.

What would have to be done is you download the files save them to your PS3 and load them via GT5 and capture it from there.

it might be explained better here

BCES00569-RPL003.rar - 7.34MB

Above is the zshare location of the zip of the GT5 replay I would like to upload to youtube. If its possible it would be great.

I'll have a look at that tomorrow

Did you get a chance to have a look them files yet?

Cheers

• Advertisement

No, I have it sitting here ready to go on the PS3 but Im waiting for a copy of GT5 off a friend.

Ill get it off him tomorrow

Advertisement