Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea restaurant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ikea? Surprised you dont have to make it yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

Yeah, you get the burgers and buns in a pack, you have to put them together yourself.

Edit: beaten to the punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

It's horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Wow €2. I get it if there was one near me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If you live in the area fair enough. Other than that I can't see why anyone would travel essentially to the middle of nowhere to eat some cheap food. They've lost the time it took them to get there nevermind what they spent on busfare. Plus it can get really busy. Just because it's 'cheap' doesn't mean it's worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I was in Ikea in Belfast a while back... was in the queue to get some food & thought the meatballs looked good (from the picture).

However, I forgot to realise that the scale of the picture was not the same as the size of the actual meatballs. They were tiny.

I've actually picked bigger snots from my nose.

So I had the fish, which was grand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I for one welcome our new fat insect overlordlard asses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Got the chicken there, it definitely wasnt chicken fillet. Was more like spam or something. Its cheap but its not food of any decent quality at all

You get what you pay for really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

If there was a restruarant like that in the city centre they would make insane profits. I wonder which bright spark will be the first to do so, Michael O'Leary has said he will leave Ryanair in the next year or so, my money is on him to get in there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The meatballs rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

However, I forgot to realise that the scale of the picture was not the same as the size of the actual meatballs. They were tiny.

I've actually picked bigger snots from my nose.

Now that's just an outright lie:D the "meat"balls are the size of a large brussels sprout so you must have some big assed nostrils!

The meatballs are lovely with the weird gravy stuff and lingonberry jam and boiled potatoes though once or twice a year is enough. Ikea's cakes are lovely with a cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

It's great but I always make a pig of myself when I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, food isn't bad at all.

Last time I was there I sat next to a family of 5, kids filling up on €1 pasta, I got the impression they didn't even realise the was a furniture shop below...

Fair play, I'd have my lunch there too if it was local. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Yeah food is decent and the value is good, much better than most places passing themselves as restaurants/cafés in Dublin tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They served Reindeer last Christmas, I thought that was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Had lunch there once. Entirely unremarkable. Not bad, but not particularly good either.

Their pastries are lovely though! MMmmmm. Free coffee with your Ikea Family card is a bonus too!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭fred252

love the meatballs. normally buy a bag of them with the sauce and lingonberry jam.

not to mention the almond tart, mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

If you live in the area fair enough. Other than that I can't see why anyone would travel essentially to the middle of nowhere to eat some cheap food. They've lost the time it took them to get there nevermind what they spent on busfare. Plus it can get really busy. Just because it's 'cheap' doesn't mean it's worth it.

Some people's time is worth less to them than the money saved. Like a pensioner with a bus pass might not have a lot on. Or a student with a travelcard might want to save their cash for drugs, like any rightthinking person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I go out around once a week. Some of the food is excellent and the whole set up is well thought out. The salmon in particular is good. The kids love the meatballs, especially after an hour in the free creche. Must be a loss-leader. They can't make a profit on those prices. Really shows up the Irish equivalents. But if some big Irish companies took a leaf out of Ikea's book, they'd probably start doing better themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Tazz T wrote: »
    I go out around once a week. Some of the food is excellent and the whole set up is well thought out. The salmon in particular is good. The kids love the meatballs, especially after an hour in the free creche. Must be a loss-leader. They can't make a profit on those prices. Really shows up the Irish equivalents. But if some big Irish companies took a leaf out of Ikea's book, they'd probably start doing better themselves.

I think it's all their own inhouse stuff isn't it?

I had read that the owner of IKEA pitched a fit when someone mentioned raising the hot dog prices, because he viewed it as essential to get someone in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

All my dreams come true. Dining in a furniture supermarket on the edge of the m50 in Ballymun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

stovelid wrote: »
    All my dreams come true. Dining in a furniture supermarket on the edge of the m50 in Ballymun.

modern life is sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The meatballs are excellent. Avoid the cherry soda, it tastes like calpol.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

so whats the coffee like there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Couldn't be arsed going all the way out to Ballymun for meatballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Got the most hallucinogenic food poisoning from the one in Belfast once. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

phasers wrote: »
    They served Reindeer last Christmas, I thought that was class

But they wont allow dogs in.

<gets coat>

pow wow wrote: »
    Got the most hallucinogenic food poisoning from the one in Belfast once. Good times.

Those weren't hallucinations, that King Billy riding his white charger out of the end of a house and the coloured curbstones are real. :eek:. Trippy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Just dont try the Vegetarian hot Dogs.......... BARF i mean BARF
    :(
    tastes like Wayne Rooneys old sports stocking with hints of jizz and a pinch of that white mucusy sweat you get between your arse cheeks. topped off with a whiff of japser cheese :eek:

prinz wrote: »
    Those weren't hallucinations, that King Billy riding his white charger out of the end of a house and the coloured curbstones are real. :eek:. Trippy stuff.

I won't be inviting you up on July 12th so. King Billy would not approve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I know a barman that goes over there everyday to eat that breakfast. He was a skinny little thing but in the past year the fúcker has become huge.

Did you have the reindeer? In a Fly Agaric sauce...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Alter-Ego wrote: »

Calpol tastes lovely.

JustinOval wrote: »
    Did you have the reindeer? In a Fly Agaric sauce...

I actually don't remember - it's a part of my life I try to forget. I lived a short drive from it but it was the longest 10 mins of my life trying to get home that day. Very entertaining from recollection though.

• Advertisement

I actually don't remember - it's a part of my life I try to forget. I lived a short drive from it but it was the longest 10 mins of my life trying to get home that day. Very entertaining from recollection though.

:D

Ok, you didn't have reindeer in a Fly Agaric sauce, I'm pretty sure of that.

JustinOval wrote: »
    :D

Ok, you didn't have reindeer in a Fly Agaric sauce, I'm pretty sure of that.

I'll have to pencil that in for when hell freezes over next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

They sell Dime Cake!! Sweet Jesus I would actually crawl to Dublin for it!!!!!

number10a wrote: »
    They sell Dime Cake!! Sweet Jesus I would actually crawl to Dublin for it!!!!!

Yup, the dime cake is nice alright, as is the pastry parcel with the goat's cheese and mixed peppers... at least that's what I think it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭albeit

modern life is sh1t

Swedish, functional, modern life is sh1t.

It feels like living in a cardboard box, spiritually. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

albeit wrote: »
    Swedish, functional, modern life is sh1t.

It feels like living in a cardboard box, spiritually. :mad:

Ditto. It's like living in an underfurnished office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Alter-Ego wrote: »

Six plus or the under six one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭albeit

Confab wrote: »
    Ditto. It's like living in an underfurnished office.

It's so empty, and full of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The breakfast is muck, dont bother with it, Terrible beans (undercooked) Sausages only okay, Bacon was thick more like gammon, I think it was gammon. Tomatoes were undercooked. Hash browns were terrible. In fact it wasnt worth it.

No idea about the rest of the food. Oh and theyre minerals taste awful too, especially the orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Meatballs and mash Nom Nom Nom Nom.........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

listermint wrote: »
    The breakfast is muck, dont bother with it, Terrible beans (undercooked) Sausages only okay, Bacon was thick more like gammon, I think it was gammon. Tomatoes were undercooked. Hash browns were terrible. In fact it wasnt worth it.

I wasn't too keen on the Soylent Green on toast myself...apparently it's made of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

The one near Brent cross in London is always full of coppers at 10.00 am having their brekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

listermint wrote: »

No idea about the rest of the food. Oh and theyre minerals taste awful too, especially the orange.

i fcukin hate gammon, it makes my physically angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

albeit wrote: »
    modern life is sh1t.
    If you're one of those who thinks that there was a magical bygone age then I've one word for you - dentistry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

This sounds fantastic, with a bit of planning seeing as there is so much furniture etc there you could live in Ikea for a about €35 a week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement