Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea restaurant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

i fcukin hate gammon, it makes my physically angry

Im with you on this one, i wouldnt feed it to my worst enemy. Actually i might cos i hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Hot Dogs and mackers fries for 2euro = Bargain and nice too...

Soft drinks were a bit off though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

modern life is sh1t

It were all fields where that Ikea is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

aujopimur wrote: »
    This sounds fantastic, with a bit of planning seeing as there is so much furniture etc there you could live in Ikea for a about €35 a week.

Hmm I think you have stumbled upon somthing here. At night time they could rent out the display beds to kip in. Ring Paul Reid the Ikea Store manager there. Take 10% commision bobs your nephew!:D
    7.99 per night all in
    Brekkie and Bed deal 9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

ColHol wrote: »
    Got the chicken there, it definitely wasnt chicken fillet. Was more like spam or something. Its cheap but its not food of any decent quality at all

You get what you pay for really.

Pretty similar to the furniture they sell. The bulk of it is compressed cardboard and wood fiber it's sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I ate there once and it was very cheap and super bland.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Large meatballs, chips and salad.
    Washed down with unlimited fizzy drinks.
    Finished by dime bar cake.

Excellent. I love going to ikea!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Had a "turkey dinner" in there last Xmas.. portions were tiny and the roast spuds were disgusting and burnt to a crisp..

The Dáim cake is to die for though.. They're mad for Dáim in there..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This idea that the cheapest food we can get our hands on is the best option is a good chunk of the reason why we are a nation of fat layabouts.
    We should be spending more on food not taking part in a race to buy the cheapest crap we can get our hands on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Thats valentines sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I've never had a bad experience in their restaurant. The ones in Europe are significantly nicer than the ones in the US, but I guess that goes without saying. And it's the only place this side of Copenhagen to get a decent piece of Smørrebrød.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

This idea that the cheapest food we can get our hands on is the best option is a good chunk of the reason why we are a nation of fat layabouts.
    We should be spending more on food not taking part in a race to buy the cheapest crap we can get our hands on.

You miss the point,us fat layabouts pay over the odds for food 24/7. Finally when someone offers value for money,it's cheap crap!? Is paying top dollar so ingrained in us now that if someone offers value it's suspect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    The meatballs are excellent. Avoid the cherry soda, it tastes like calpol.
    its lingonberry and pear thats why it dosent taste like cherry...
    The one near Brent cross in London is always full of coppers at 10.00 am having their brekkie.

The gaurds just head into the co-worker canteen in the dublin one they get the food even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

What we need in this country is a "FEBO" !!!
    A meal from a whole in wall just like they have scattered all over Amsterdam, aaahhh the biz after a few smokes
    p168559-Amsterdam-Febo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Do the staff go around on roller skates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

JustinOval wrote: »
    Yeah, food isn't bad at all.

Last time I was there I sat next to a family of 5, kids filling up on €1 pasta, I got the impression they didn't even realise the was a furniture shop below...

Fair play, I'd have my lunch there too if it was local. :D

You could feed a family of 5 for a week with 5 euro's worth of pasta if you cooked it yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I lived in Dijon about 6 years ago when their IKEA opened. Now you'd imagine the French have standards about food and such. Nope. Like flies to sh1te. And imagine the Euro per arse-on-seat ratio - must have been woeful.

Still at one meatball per hour, furniture has got to come up in conversation right?

IKEA are not Santa Inc. It's for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

yeah i heard its lovely if your pallet is accustomed to meat that's suitable for dog food.

but get them genetically modified veggies into ya whatever ya do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TaraFoxglove

dubtom wrote: »
    You miss the point,us fat layabouts pay over the odds for food 24/7. Finally when someone offers value for money,it's cheap crap!? Is paying top dollar so ingrained in us now that if someone offers value it's suspect?

If the food is of low quality - which I have found Ikea food to be - it doesn't represent good value, at least not to me. Ikea food IS cheap crap.

I refuse to pay over the odds for food, but if the food is of a good standard, I don't mind paying a few pounds extra. When I lived in Dublin (moved away in February 2010), I knew many very good places to eat, that didn't break the bank. Did the lunches cost 2 Euro? No. Were they cooked nicely with decent ingredients? Yes! THAT to me is value for money.

Also, I don't understand the hype of Ikea meatballs. I had them and they were bland and entirely unremarkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

if the food is of a good standard, I don't mind paying a few pounds extra

me too. quality, not quantity ;-

is ikea food economical and efficient, like its furniture?

is it like lidl

• Advertisement

Metallergy wrote: »
    me too. quality, not quantity ;-

is ikea food economical and efficient, like its furniture?

is it like lidl

Actually, Lidl has some genuinely good products. They also have substandard products. You have to pick and choose when you shop there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

i liked their premium pizzas but they got found out - too salty. i liked their chocolate cheesecake as well but it got boring; quicker than most competitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    The meatballs are excellent. Avoid the cherry soda, it tastes like calpol.

I think the under 5 Calpol may well have been my favourite flavour of anything ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Didn't find the food great in Ikea, the hotdog and chips were better than the meatballs.

I like what they do though.
    Ricardo G wrote: »
    What we need in this country is a "FEBO" !!!
    A meal from a whole in wall just like they have scattered all over Amsterdam, aaahhh the biz after a few smokes
    p168559-Amsterdam-Febo.jpg

Jebus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

flahavaj wrote: »
    You could feed a family of 5 for a week with 5 euro's worth of pasta if you cooked it yourself....

You should go up there with your Jamie Oliver t shirt on and tell them that, I don't care what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry, that was meant to have a :P at the end...

Metallergy wrote: »
    i liked their premium pizzas but they got found out - too salty. i liked their chocolate cheesecake as well but it got boring; quicker than most competitors

I never actually eaten either of those Lidl products - I try to avoid cheesecake at all times because it's evil!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

tba wrote: »
    It's horrible.

+1.

Absolutely disgusting muck, your right. It IS horrible.

Advertisement