Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick one re licence renewal......

Options
  • 02-02-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

If I secure a gun licence today do I get a reminder to renew on this date in 3 years (like car tax) or will there be a specific yearly date for every one to renew licences in that year 2014 (like before)

cc30......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Good question.
    I don't know - Maybe some of the other lads will have the answer: Was wondering this myself, whether a "renewal" form or some such would be sent out to each individual licence holder or whether we just had to keep an eye on the expiry date and then apply for a renewal leaving plenty of time to spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I believe they'll be staggered through out the year so as to spread the work load.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

I dont think we'll be renewing i think we'll be reapplying using the same form :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If i'm not mistaken, and it has been known to happen, we will get a reminder in the post to inform us that the licenses are up for renewal/re-application. We then fill in the FCA1 again for each firearm, and send them in.

You will (AFAIK) be re-applying each time (every 3 years) for the firearms hence the FCA1. The fact that we will have had them licensed previously should make the renewals straight forward enough, and as John mentioned earlier, they will be staggered so An Gardai will not be swamped with hundred of thousands of applications at once.

Only time will tell though.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement