Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shark fin soup sold in Ireland

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

maximoose wrote: »
    steddyeddy wrote: »
    Would you chop of a dogs legs and let him bleed to death.

Depends, Is Dog's Leg Soup tasty?

Dog is supposed to be nice

Batsy wrote: »
    Cutting of a dogs legs and leaving it to die . Please god dont have children.

I WOULD eat a dog if I was starving.

So would I but not if it involved torturing it to death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Are those fish definned and left to bleed to death.

No, they're left to drown in air.

Confab wrote: »
    Are those fish definned and left to bleed to death.

No, they're left to drown in air.

Another thing I have objected to in the paste. The waste that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

More sharks = less Dolphins :eek:
    Less sharks = more Dolphins :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Where can I get monkey brains

(don't say I already have them)

I want it straight out the skull, still steaming, gleaming.. all the little synapses still popping away, working overtime.. mongo brain will do

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

If you want to see what REAL waste is you should go out with the EU fishing fleets.

Thanks to one of the many bizarre EU rules (its fishing quota system), 1 MILLION tons of fish are thrown back dead into the North Sea each year. Unlike those sharks, no part of those fish are eaten at all.

Countries such as China fishing for sharks for their fins is much less wasteful than what the Eu does when it catches fish.

So does that make the wasteful nature of shark fin soup suddenly okay??!!
    So would I but not if it involved torturing it to death

Also, in Korea dog soup is made by torturing the dog to death, it suppose to release adrenalin and give it more energy or some rediculous thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

It is okay to kill an animal for food.

Humans are natural meateaters. Humans killing animals for food is what nature intended, so spare us all the unnatural hippy, vegetarian, Greenpeace nonsense.

Nature doesn't have a mind of it's own and claiming it does is an obvious attempt at using the Naturalistic Fallacy. "Nature" may have no problem with a lot of things, lacking a consciousness and all; that doesn't make them right.
    If you want to see what REAL waste is you should go out with the EU fishing fleets.

Thanks to one of the many bizarre EU rules (its fishing quota system), 1 MILLION tons of fish are thrown back dead into the North Sea each year. Unlike those sharks, no part of those fish are eaten at all.

Countries such as China fishing for sharks for their fins is much less wasteful than what the Eu does when it catches fish.

I'm not sure where to start with this one.

Firstly, how is it less wasteful to use only the fin rather than the whole animal? Secondly, in the quote above this one you were trying to argue against me for seeing something wrong with animals being killed at all, and now you do the same thing. Thirdly, no matter how bad it is to kill fish in general, that in no way makes it right to slice the fins from these sharks. If you have a problem with fishing in EU waters then maybe you should argue against that, unless you're being disingenuous of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Humanity manages to sicken once again.

Disgusting and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin to get a good turtle soup?

• Advertisement
Advertisement