Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters and Vans over Liffey

Options
  • 02-02-2011 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Helicopter over the river there tonight. Spotlight looking for someone. Went down for a look, also in case there was anything I could do. I'm fairly adept at the doggy paddle and hoping for some sort of lifeguard situation. Also a few pints in me. Anyways the coast guard were there. Pointing flashlights into the river. The helicopter went away. Apparently someone jumped in as a dare, but they didn't find anyone. Was exciting, but a bit of a let down.

Any other insights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andy_molio

Practicing early for the hopeful reintroduction of the Liffey swim I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

They were looking for someone reported to have fallen into the water (a friend updated his Facebook about it - he's in the coast guard), no idea if they found anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

http://www.howthcoastguard.com/

* February, 2, 2011

Howth Coast Guard were tasked early this morning at 02.57 to assist Gardai in a search for a person entering the water at the James Joyce bridge on the River Liffey. The team assembled at the station and went to the scene where the Gardai and Dublin Fire Brigade were had already commenced searching. Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue 116 arrived on scene and conducted an intensive infra red search of the water upstream amd downstream of the last know position.

Howth Volunteers searched the river for one hour but nothing was found. The teams were stood down at 04.56 and Gardai are investigating the incident.

Incident 03/11

Advertisement