Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get my Tonsils out?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know this is alot less serious than some of the other threads but I thought someone here might be able to help. I’ve had recurring strep throat for the last ten years. At least once a year. I have a constantly runny nose, snoring, disturbed sleep, my tonsils look enlarged, food sometimes get stuck in the pits in them, bad breath. :(

I’ve also had a dull sore throat for the last few weeks, not too bad, I’m just constantly aware of it. I always wondered if it was all to do with my tonsils but wasn’t sure until I saw a health program on TV where a woman around my age (mid 20’s) had the same problem and got hers out.

I’ve read online that you must have 5-6 occurrences a year to qualify to get tonsils out but since I’ve so many symptoms that really interfere with my life, especially the disturbed sleep, do you think I might qualify?

Can I insist on having them removed? Even if I’m willing to go private?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

really you need to speak to your gp rather than basing your decisions on what you see on tv and online . from what you say the problem may not be tonsils at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement