Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

under 25, 188 per week but what if I get a job and lose it?

• 02-02-2011 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hello there!

Just a quick question here, I have been on the dole long enough to still get the 188 euro even though I am under 25. What I need to know is if I get a job that has no promises it would be permanent and am forced to sign again will I be put down to 100 euro per week?

I am renting and paying bills and there is no way I can afford to be put down too 100 euro. I don't get rent allowance because I have not seen a need for it as I am single and manage to pay my bills and rent and still have money for food and 2 or 3 nights out a month.

Rent is 250 per month, bills come to about another 150. so if I got only 100 per week that would leave me with no money for food, clothes or any other necessity.

Ofcourse I will take a job if it comes along but you can understand my fear and it is making me think in the back of my head if a job offer comes along and has no promises of being permanent that i would skip it unless I would be guaranteed to go back to the 188 rate again. Selfish I know but you can understand where I am coming from?

by the way I am 22 years old and living at home is out of the question.

Thanks for any replies you can give me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

If you sign off JA because of finding work and subsequently make a repeat claim within 12 months, you will not be affected by the new lower rate.

See page 16/17 of the INOU's "Working for Work" www.inou.ie/workingforwork for details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

from http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_allowance.html

Exceptions to age related Jobseeker's Allowance payments for people under 25

The reduced age related personal and qualified adult rates of Jobseeker’s Allowance for claimants under 25 years of age do not apply in the following cases:

* Claimants with dependent children
    * People transferring to Jobseeker’s Allowance immediately after finishing their entitlement to Jobseeker’s Benefit
    * People transferring from Disability Allowance to Jobseeker’s Allowance
    * Where an existing Jobseeker’s Allowance claimant is assessed at the higher rate of allowance gets work but loses that job and is back on Jobseeker’s Allowance within 12 months
    * People under 25 participating in a course of education, training or Community Employment. However, when the course ends you will return to an age related JA payment, if you were getting one before you started the course.
    * You were at least 20 years of age on 30 December 2009 and became unemployed on or before 30 December 2009
    * You were 18 or 19 on 30 December 2009 and you became unemployed on or before 29 April 2009
    * You are 22 to 24 and taking part in the Work Placement Programme run by FÁS

Advertisement