Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSG Glock .22LR Conversion Kit (on the way)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sweeet...but why??There is at least four companies making them already.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Sweeet...but why??There is at least four companies making them already.

because they can ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

whydave wrote: »

They have been around for years, you need another licence to get the .22 GLOCK which is a dirty word!

GLOCK is a dirty word!
    true ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

I cant see it going down to well in the US, while here the GSGs are good cheap pinking guns alot of reports that Ive red from the US about the GSGs is that there actually not that cheap in there market and the feel really cheap and airsoft parts work on them.....

Unless the conversion kit is going to be cheap and good quality (which they should have at least had a ballpark figure as to its cost) I dont see tham taking off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

the supers in my area in dublin won't even issue licences for the cz cadet as its a "military style" pistol , mention the dirty g-word and you've no hope.

whydave wrote: »
    because they can ? ;)

Wise guy!:D.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

rowa wrote: »
    the supers in my area in dublin won't even issue licences for the cz cadet as its a "military style" pistol , mention the dirty g-word and you've no hope.

Thank God my Chief is a sound man!
    I have the dirtiest word of them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Some of those conversion kits are pretty expensive - approaching the price of a complete .22 like a Ruger or Browning, which is probably going to be more accurate anyway. For that reason most people here in the US don't bother with them, they just buy a complete .22.

The main attraction with them is that you can keep the fit & feel of your centrefire pistol and save on ammo costs. Even then, depending on the model you have, you can often get a more or less identical complete .22 anyway - CZ Kadet and 1911 for example.

It might be worthwhile in Ireland though even if you need a separate license - the cops might not regard it as being quite as looney as wanting to own a second gun (the very idea :eek:) and given the cost of guns in Ireland it might be cheaper too...

Reason for owning: the recession!

firefly08 wrote: »
    Some of those conversion kits are pretty expensive - approaching the price of a complete .22 like a Ruger or Browning, which is probably going to be more accurate anyway. For that reason most people here in the US don't bother with them, they just buy a complete .22.

The main attraction with them is that you can keep the fit & feel of your centrefire pistol and save on ammo costs. Even then, depending on the model you have, you can often get a more or less identical complete .22 anyway - CZ Kadet and 1911 for example.

It might be worthwhile in Ireland though even if you need a separate license - the cops might not regard it as being quite as looney as wanting to own a second gun (the very idea :eek:) and given the cost of guns in Ireland it might be cheaper too...

Reason for owning: the recessio
    n!
    Good reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Let's not get carried away , even if you have a Glock centrefire which they are refusing to renew or are thinking of going new don't forget the Glock is not on the "approved" list they may well refuse because it's not on the list as well as because it's black, military style and evil looking.

GLOCK is a dirty word!
    Savage93 wrote: »
    Glock is not on the "approved" list because it's black, military style and evil looking.
    Feck you Gaston Glock ,you Evil man !!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Glock

Savage93 wrote: »
    Let's not get carried away , even if you have a Glock centrefire which they are refusing to renew or are thinking of going new don't forget the Glock is not on the "approved" list they may well refuse because it's not on the list as well as because it's black, military style and evil looking.

Ah but as my Super said "They are only guidelines!Which We[not specifying who!] dont have to be held to.
    Translated;they can work both ways for both parties.:)
    Remember the list is a living list as well.It wouldnt make sense to be stuck with just those guns for evermore,as within five years they would be outdated yokes for our "Olympic pistol shooters".Or even for going retro.There are fine classic target pistols not on the list that in the right hands would outshoot some of those modern yokes.

Wouldnt mind a.22 conversion for the GLOCK17 that I have.
    Think I'll buy the GLOCK hoodie as well,as well as the GLOCK bayonet,and GLOCK bag to store all my GLOCK kit.If the worst comes to the worst i'll use the GLOCK spade to bury it with as well!!!!:D:D:D:D
    [nuff cursing out of me for 2nite!]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind a.22 conversion for the GLOCK17 that I have.
    Think I'll buy the GLOCK hoodie as well,as well as the GLOCK bayonet,and GLOCK bag to store all my GLOCK kit.If the worst comes to the worst i'll use the GLOCK spade to bury it with as well!!!!:D:D:D:D
    [nuff cursing out of me for 2nite!]

Dont forget to pull your GLOCK curtains :pac:

Advertisement