Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory unlocked australian iphone 4

Options
  • 02-02-2011 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all im currently living in sydney.Im considering buying a factory unlocked iphone 4 here.just one question will it work ok when i return home to ireland like when i pop my meteor sim in will everything work sms mms 3g internet etc any advice on this would be greatly appreciated thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Should do. Australian networks are all GSM standard afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Will work. 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you use an iPhone on meteor?

Also, when i got back to Ireland, my meteor sim wouldnt work coz i hadnt topped up in 6 months. The feckers disabled my sim so I had to get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Yes can use on any network if its factory unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Can I be awkward and ask the opposite, going over late this year and have an iphone 4 which should be out of contract by then or shortly after I arrive. Can I get it unlocked over there or will I have to do it at home ie go into the store? If I get it unlocked are there any bothers with bringing it over and getting an Australian Sim card? Are there many wifi spots over there so I can do internet banking etc? Or should I get a contract with 3g net access?

Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Can I be awkward and ask the opposite, going over late this year and have an iphone 4 which should be out of contract by then or shortly after I arrive. Can I get it unlocked over there or will I have to do it at home ie go into the store? If I get it unlocked are there any bothers with bringing it over and getting an Australian Sim card? Are there many wifi spots over there so I can do internet banking etc? Or should I get a contract with 3g net access?

Thanks all

I'm guessing getting it unlocked is the same anywhere?
    and WiFi is becoming more and more available, esp the city or little coffee shops.

Advertisement