Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining O2? Benefits

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

krudler wrote: »
    how? the billpay version you're paying 20 a month for the tariff then paying for all your off network and landline calls on top of that, the prepay one you top up with 20 and then the cost of off net calls come out of that 20.

I think you get 100 mins and 100 texts to any network plus free o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I guess they are very similar.

Would you get 100 mins off net for 20 prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BostonB wrote: »
    I guess they are very similar.

Would you get 100 mins off net for 20 prepay?

No last time i worked it out the simplicity works out better as i said before

My calls to O2 are over 200 mins. But otherwise that seems a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Im actually taking out that contract today :) Im on PAYG 20 a month. So gonna go for the 30 day contract get 25 a month with their special offer for the rest of the year and get 1GB data :) pretty sweet :) free met calls and texts and 200 mins and calls and 300 webtexts. Which i can use with the app on the phone if i run low

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Im actually taking out that contract today

Let's see can you dodge the deposit first. :):mad::)

For data O2 is useless. Avoid O2 if you want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Didnt get to do it today cause was in college till 6 :) but if they ask me for a deposit for a 30 days contract they can feck off. Their not getting it.

Mobile carriers in this country have stepped over the line a long time ago during the boom. If they thing that they can keep throwing customers away they will have serious problems.

Perfect example is O2 and Vodafone.

At this stage they should be begging every single one of their customers and asking for forgiveness to stay with any network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Skalragg

benifits of o2 ??? you get cinema tickets sometimes, you can ring o2 nubers and txt for free

downsides: awful pricing, awful data allowances, awful coverage,awful customer service

meteor have good price plans and also good pay as you go offers , however as a previous bill pay customer with them, they have the most pathetic customer support ,second only to eircom..who i think have some ownership in meteor.

Three have good enough offers, arent that expensive, coverage is good whereever ive gone, their customer support is the best of a bad bunch. #

vodafone .. expensive expensive , good network, just expensive

if you are going prepay for meteor

People keep mentioning O2 coverage. I don't think I've ever had a problem with it. Or customer service for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

I am on o2 for 3 years now on the same price plan and am very happy. I top up 20 a month and get unlimited texts to any network anytime.

I think O2 used to have a lot good offers a couple of years back, so lots moved to them. Now they have all those people O2 don't feel they need to give as good deals anymore.

People should keep moving to get the best deal. There's nothing gained in staying with a network anymore. There's no loyalty bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

I find O2's coverage to be fine. I moved to O2 from meteor at the start of the year because meteors coverage was so bad!!

o2 has superior coverage. Having been on Vodafone and meteor the customer service is ten times better too.

Also get an extra fiver for topping up 20. :)

Didn't I already say I was with meteor and Vodafone?

I get a fiver if i top up 20 every month. Its the latest o2 treat thing.

• Advertisement

Will they give me free texts to ANY network for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

few things about o2. i am on the advance plan with my iphone 4. i got it on 30th july last - the day it came out. so obvs i am on the 18mth contract :( however when i signed said contract twas for unlimited data which is fantabulous (mind i never used the gig i originally had with my original iphone!! but still). wondering if i still have this or if they have changed me inline with everyone else.

just looked at my inclusive minutes online and it doesn't mention my data allowance at all which is interesting. just mentions my 150mins/100txts/10mms. shouldn't it mention my data there too???

now my friend was on PAYG with o2 and has a smartphone. he had next to no apps on it at the time, and had all automatic data - such as push - turned off. but his credit kept vanishing. a LOT of credit. like couple hundred yoyos worth. looked up his online account and it said at supid o clock in the morning he had been on data and used like several megs worth at a time. pure and utter bollox. he wasn't on at all and he has NEVER used that kinda data. he mainly used twitter and facebook, and he had a plan that allowed that free so he should have been paying next to no data charges.

anywho he contacted o2 several times and they kept saying the were looking into it and would call him back. everytime he put credit in the phone it vanished pretty much instantly. got to the point where he couldn't even ring o2 cos he wasn't prepared to put more money in the phone, and for PAYG customers it costs to ring cc.

they eventually got back to him and said nope ain't our fault must be the phone or else you don't got something switched off (even though when he had taken the phone into an o2 store they guy there said yep everything is off and i have the same phone and stuff so i can tell it aint the phone). so basically sod the fact that we have hundreds of your yoyos you can't have it back.

friend got phone unlocked and got meteor sim. put into phone and guess what. credit is fine isn't going anywhere. so it WAS o2 and not the phone. dicks.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Will they give me free texts to ANY network for life?

Yes. Standard offering at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

But this is what I was talking about and wanted to know about.

Which company is the best for this(€20 top up each month)?

For me I like O2's treats and their webtext is much better than Three. Allows more characters!

Mostly Texts!
    The Odd Call to different networks.
    No I don't intend on using the net. I only use it with Three cuz its available to me and doesn't cost much. Only 1 Unit per mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'm desperate to get away from o2 but of course when the iphone4 came out last july i got resigned to an 18mth contract. don't see me affording to buy myself out til atleast this july if not closer to next jan. i really want to go to meteor. my friend transferred to a prepay meteor sim like less than a week ago (so is no longer one of my free o2-o2 ppls) and my 100 free txts are like nearly all gone already. and an add on bundle is a min of €7.50 yoyos more. don't think i can afford that :(

Do Meteor or Vody do any sort of Treats like O2?

• Advertisement

Advertisement