Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining O2? Benefits

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

does it work on the normal 3g internet connection or do i have to do it over wifi? cos i will want to b able to use them when i ain't at home rather than just at home. at home i will rob my mams fone and use her 100 txts

cheers. just after gettin eirtext. thats gonna help a lot. cos trying to connect to the o2 website to use my free txts off my fone was impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The amount of cherry points needed for the better offers such as phones is nuts tho. It would take over a decade for a €20 user to earn enough points for a free smartphone lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Let's see can you dodge the deposit first. :):mad::)

Got it today. Paid 50 quid as the deposit. Atleast i can enjoy a smartphone for what it can really do :P also free calls and texts is the main feature i needed in my last contract :) So added 5 extra for 1GB data from 20 a month on PAYG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

hdowney wrote: »
    few things about o2. i am on the advance plan with my iphone 4. i got it on 30th july last - the day it came out. so obvs i am on the 18mth contract :( however when i signed said contract twas for unlimited data which is fantabulous (mind i never used the gig i originally had with my original iphone!! but still). wondering if i still have this or if they have changed me inline with everyone else.

just looked at my inclusive minutes online and it doesn't mention my data allowance at all which is interesting. just mentions my 150mins/100txts/10mms. shouldn't it mention my data there too???

now my friend was on PAYG with o2 and has a smartphone. he had next to no apps on it at the time, and had all automatic data - such as push - turned off. but his credit kept vanishing. a LOT of credit. like couple hundred yoyos worth. looked up his online account and it said at supid o clock in the morning he had been on data and used like several megs worth at a time. pure and utter bollox. he wasn't on at all and he has NEVER used that kinda data. he mainly used twitter and facebook, and he had a plan that allowed that free so he should have been paying next to no data charges.

anywho he contacted o2 several times and they kept saying the were looking into it and would call him back. everytime he put credit in the phone it vanished pretty much instantly. got to the point where he couldn't even ring o2 cos he wasn't prepared to put more money in the phone, and for PAYG customers it costs to ring cc.

they eventually got back to him and said nope ain't our fault must be the phone or else you don't got something switched off (even though when he had taken the phone into an o2 store they guy there said yep everything is off and i have the same phone and stuff so i can tell it aint the phone). so basically sod the fact that we have hundreds of your yoyos you can't have it back.

friend got phone unlocked and got meteor sim. put into phone and guess what. credit is fine isn't going anywhere. so it WAS o2 and not the phone. dicks.:mad:

Howdy,

Keep an eye on your bill is my advice on this.....

I'm on the same tariff as yourself - when i signed back up to this last March 2010 on a 18 month deal it was supposed to be 150mins 100texts 10mms and unlimited internet on the phone - Nokia N97 mini. Turns out is was a promo gimmick and O2 where doing the unlimited internet till the end of March 2010, then they capped it at 2gb per month.

The same tariff now has a measly 500mb of data allowance per month.

Get onto those "very nice people" at the O2 call center and ask them what your data allowance is. I think some people have gotten out of their contracts because of this - mis-advertising and all that etc etc....

I'm only with them till September then i'll re-evaluate the situation. since most of my circle are on O2 the only benefit is that calls and texts are free. I don't even try to go onto the net to check an email because it is sooooooo slow and trying to get a connection even in town is a joke!

Their internet coverage is just sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

hdowney wrote: »
    cheers. just after gettin eirtext. thats gonna help a lot. cos trying to connect to the o2 website to use my free txts off my fone was impossible

I rang O2 about this a while back. they won't allow you to access parts of there own network, as the call manager said to me - how are we supposed to make money from this?

Funky G wrote: »
    Howdy,

Keep an eye on your bill is my advice on this.....

I'm on the same tariff as yourself - when i signed back up to this last March 2010 on a 18 month deal it was supposed to be 150mins 100texts 10mms and unlimited internet on the phone - Nokia N97 mini. Turns out is was a promo gimmick and O2 where doing the unlimited internet till the end of March 2010, then they capped it at 2gb per month.

The same tariff now has a measly 500mb of data allowance per month.

Get onto those "very nice people" at the O2 call center and ask them what your data allowance is. I think some people have gotten out of their contracts because of this - mis-advertising and all that etc etc....

I'm only with them till September then i'll re-evaluate the situation. since most of my circle are on O2 the only benefit is that calls and texts are free. I don't even try to go onto the net to check an email because it is sooooooo slow and trying to get a connection even in town is a joke!

Their internet coverage is just sh1te!

hmm. might just ring them tomorrow and say to them i wanted to check how much internet i had been using off my phone, but when i looked online it didn't have a section for my inclusive usage for internet. see what i can find out about it. if they say well it doesn't matter cos you are on unlimited. but if they say i am on a set amount i will b like, eh no i signed to unlimited. and you never told me you were changing it so byebye!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement