Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please if you can

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

i recently purchased the Domain name http://irishboards.info but when i click on that url i still get http://irishboards.forumotion.co.uk/ i know somewhere along the line i done it wrong (forwarding i mean) really don't know how to do this,if someone could help me or do it for me please and thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i get irishboards.info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Adam wrote: »
    i get irishboards.info.
    me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

ok but what do i do from there,i'm stuck i tried putting it into

http://irishboards.forumotion.co.uk/

but i just keep getting errors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

ok, sounds like you want to re-direct your new domain to the existing hosted sub-domain?

in that case you would need to set a domain forward on the registrar control panel, would give more information but it changes on a per-registrar basis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It looks like your site is running but you have no files up for it to view. Make sure you have all your html files and paths correct and place them in the 'pulic_html' folder. Also, make sure you have your main page called index.html/index.php (etc.) depending on what you're working in. Finally, delete that default.php file.

• Advertisement

lil_lisa wrote: »
    It looks like your site is running but you have no files up for it to view. Make sure you have all your html files and paths correct and place them in the 'pulic_html' folder. Also, make sure you have your main page called index.html/index.php (etc.) depending on what you're working in. Finally, delete that default.php file.

thats what i just can't do/i don't know how to do it,will someone do it for me please if i give the pass and user in pm please

Have you purchased hosting as well as a domain? A domain is only the URL but you require hosting also to hold your files online.

i am using as a host,the domain was purchased at go-daddy

if you hit

irishboards.info

thats

also when i go into my forum and put the registered domaim name in i get :

Error

The supplied domain name is not well configured
    Your CNAME must redirect to : irishboards.forumotion.co.uk

i'm at a brick wall here

Firstly, unless you want this thread to be locked, I suggest you take out your hosting company domain. It is against the rules of the Design board.

Secondly, maybe its me, I don't understand what you're doing. We can see from going to your site that the domain is linked to your hosting already, so the only problem I can see is that you have no files placed on your hosting site.

Are you trying to redirect irishboards.info to irishboards.forumotion.co.uk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't mind people mentioning what company they are with, but I don't want to see recommendations or suggestions of what hosting companies to use. I also want to see support queries sent to the hosting provider, and not people giving out their user names and passwords to complete strangers to do God only knows what with.

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Are you trying to redirect irishboards.info to irishboards.forumotion.co.uk?

yes exactly,i do not know how to put that file into my host or forum

little bit of advice, that sentence makes absolutely no sense. if you're not technologically minded or don't actually know what all these terms you're throwing around actually mean, then you're really better off just using complete laymans terms.

so what i understand so far, you have irishboards.forumotion.co.uk and irishboards.info, and what you want is when people type in irishboards.info in their browser, you want them to get to irishboards.forumotion.co.uk. is that right?

Adam wrote: »
    little bit of advice, that sentence makes absolutely no sense. if you're not technologically minded or don't actually know what all these terms you're throwing around actually mean, then you're really better off just using complete laymans terms.

so what i understand so far, you have irishboards.forumotion.co.uk and irishboards.info, and what you want is when people type in irishboards.info in their browser, you want them to get to irishboards.forumotion.co.uk. is that right?

yes but irishboards.info should be the url not irishboards.forumotion.co.uk

i want that irishboards.info the actual url when ya hit me forum

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    yes but irishboards.info should be the url not irishboards.forumotion.co.uk

i want that irishboards.info the actual url when ya hit me forum
    ok well then i'm pretty sure this isn't going to be possible, to the best of my knowledge forumotion.co.uk provides a service that allows you to create and manage a forum with them. however what you need is access to the actual forum software and database, which i imagine you wont be able to get.

you can of course simply set up a new forum on your new hosting package, there was no need for you to register with forumotion.co.uk at all really.

Advertisement