Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old dump

• 02-02-2011 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

Not sure if that has been posted before, but does anyone know what works are going on next to Kingfisher on the Tramore road?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There was talk of futher Astro football pitches but that could well be idle gossip.

Edit: and I haven't been down that way in a while so it could be perfectly obvious that it isn't an astro pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It's a new park as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

that is correct AFAIK, it is going to be a new a bio-park

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Bards wrote: »
    that is correct AFAIK, it is going to be a new a bio-park

what exactly do they mean by Bio Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Funfair wrote: »
    what exactly do they mean by Bio Park?
    well obviously everything that is goin to be in the park will be evironmentally friendly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

well obviously everything that is goin to be in the park will be evironmentally friendly

It won't be formal gardens. It will have lots of ponds for little frogs and bushes for the birdies.

It will provide a habitat for various things. I think its a good idea. Less maintenance than the People's Park.

Obviously :D If it was that obvious I wouldn't be asking.. anyways Is that another name for an incinerator by any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Funfair wrote: »
    Obviously :D If it was that obvious I wouldn't be asking.. anyways Is that another name for an incinerator by any chance
    nope not an incinerator. Presume it just means a little park for people to go walking in and breathe in press air and all other stuff that's Eco friendly

seanybiker wrote: »
    nope not an incinerator. Presume it just means a little park for people to go walking in and breathe in press air and all other stuff that's Eco friendly

That's what they told the people up in Roscommon...

bio-park plans cause anger in local community.... http://www.roscommonherald.com/news/story/?trs=kfauojmhoj&cat=news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hates that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Someone started a thread here when this was announced. Seemed like a decent idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

It should be an emergency exit.

The methane is building up under the dump and is going to explode anytime like a volcano. And I am not making that up

Advertisement