Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing help

• 02-02-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with a printing problem. I have an Epson A4 printer, fairly standard thing, but with 4 inks, so in theory this should be better than my 9-year old HP which only had 2 inks.

My monitor is calibrated, so what I am seeing should be what is printed. However, the colours are far too dark (and not fixed by making the photo very bright on screen) and any of the dark colours (in one example green grass) just turn into dark blobs.

I know it is possible to calibrate a printer, but I do not know how to do this. I am using the right ICC profile for the printer and paper (Epson Premium Semigloss), so I am stumped. I never had this problem with my old HP!!!

Any help would be appreciated,
    Brik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

What software are you using to print? It's possible that you're setting the ICC profile in PS or whatever, but then allowing the printer to control colour management. Make sure colour management is turned on in Photoshop (assuming you're using that) and then OFF in your printer dialogue box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

You could try and update the printer drivers.

Have you converted the image to the correct ICC profile. Ie, Adobe RGB would probably most resemble the colour gamut of your printer. If indoubt you can use sRGB instead.

What program are you printing from? Does it give you the option to specify who manages colours? The program or the printer. If it does and you choose the program, did you turn off colour management in the print settings dialog?

Edit.... Dang Sinead. you beat me too it.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brik

Thanks for the replies.

I will check the ICC profiles are up to date and that it is Adobe RGB (though if I rememeber correctly it is).

With regards the colour management, I have printed from PS Elements and Epsons own printing program, with no luck. Also in PSE, I set it that PSE manages the colour rather than the printer - but I will check that I have it turned off in the printer as well.

THanks

Hope it works for you! Let us know.

Hi there,
    Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately it did not work! I set everything to Adobe RGB, PSE handled the colour and turned off the printer colour management and the colours and brightness are still all over the place.

Can feel my determination to print photos again slipping away. Should have got my old HP fixed instead of buying a new printer :(

• Advertisement

Has anyone any other suggestions? Epson have not been able to help me either :mad:

Can you describe in detail your print workflow? I'm specifically wondering at what point you're specifying your icc profile.

Brik whereabouts are you based also?

Advertisement