Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCMCIA Hard drive in Ireland

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Quick one guys, I am looking to use a PCMCIA hard drive, 2gb or 5gb as a print spooler in a laptop. I can't seem to find anywhere in ireland on google that sells them. Does any one know where one could get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The largest ones I need were 30MB and they were PCMCIA II so will not work in new laptops.
    Quick one guys, I am looking to use a PCMCIA hard drive, 2gb or 5gb as a print spooler in a laptop. I can't seem to find anywhere in ireland on google that sells them. Does any one know where one could get one?

Why the hell do you need a 2-5Gb print spooler on a Server let along a laptop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What you could do is get a PCMCIA Compact Flash memory card adapter, and use an 8 gig high speed flash card?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Only time I've seen this to be an issue is when printing off very large excel spreadsheets that have been PDF'ed and the queue gets stuffed full with 10-20+ 300mb pdf files.

Not to mention they take an age to spool, let alone print! A high speed CF card might speed up the process a little, I am curious as to the amount of speed gain you anticipate you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Why PCMCIA? Is USB an option on that laptop?

But to actually answer your question, I've never come across any of these for sale in Ireland.

Advertisement