Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub/hotel to meet up after game at Aviva stadium

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    There's about 100-130 people from our company going to Ireland vs Macedonia game at The Aviva stadium in March.

I'm wondering what hotel/pub you'd recommend for meeting up afterwards for a few pints. Somewhere near the stadium.
    AND do you know anywhere that might offer free finger food (as we're a large group)? Or will everywhere nearby be busy to they won't offer us anything to 'draw us in'?
    Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

The Herbert Park Hotel is lovely - might be an idea

Not sure about finger food though - you could ring up and ask I suppose, no harm

And yes - everywhere in around the stadium is jam packed on a big match day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

slatterys is a decent pub, usually thronged whenever there's a match on. 100-130 people is a lot of people, you might get them in but i'd say a lot of pubs will be full! Gassworks bar is nearby too, might be something down towards ballsbridge, but i've no idea of pubs down that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

Lansdowne Hotel in Pembroke Road is good and they do bar food too. They have tables and benches at the front, if it gets too crowded inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'd recommend heading up towards Baggot street as the pubs won't be as crowded so your group would be more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Merod8

The Bayno in Francis Street beside Christchurch and St Patricks cathedral. GREAT FOR AFTER THE MATCH, you should check it out its where we go after the matches, bout 5 euro in taxi from stadium but the drink specials are great, check it out on facebook...... if you let them know your group is coming they will defo put on finger food, great beer garden and so handy into temple bar and city centre as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement