Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE payment if switch creche

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm wondering if you lose your ECCE payment if you switch creche from the one that the application was made.

Daughter is currently in a part-time (i.e. Montessori) and we are happy with the place.
    They've applied for the ECCE which will kick in in September.
    However in the meantime if my wife gets a full-time job we will then reluctantly have to switch to a different full-time creche.
    In that case I am wondering if we would then receive the ECCE payment in the new place ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I don't know the answer, but if you could look in to whether you'd be able to send your daughter to the Montessori in the morning and then go to a creche nearby for the rest of the day if that does happen? You might get lucky with the creche and they might be happy to collect her and just charge less? I was working in a creche and we had a couple of children who were going to a montessori pre-school across the road in the morning and then coming to us for the rest of the day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have you given your details i.e. PPS numbers to your current facility? if not, they havent applied for ECCE funding for your child.

as far as i know the next service return that needs to be complete the creche is sept ember.

if your creche have already applied for ECCE funding for your child in their facility - when you move to the new place they can apply for a transfer of funding but the creche may charge you full price until they receive confirmation from the OMYCA that the transfer has been accepted and they will then back date you - this is something you would need to discuss with your new facility.

also are you sure the new creche is taking part in the scheme?

this is the link to the OMYCA questions for parents http://www.omc.gov.ie/documents/childcare/ecce_scheme_pack/ECCE_Parents_Leaflet_August_2010.pdf

i know the OMYCA are difficult to get through to on the telephone but if you have any questions, you should contact your local county childcare committee

there is a list of them here
    https://www.pobal.ie/Funding%20Programmes/Early%20Education%20and%20Childcare/Pages/CCCContacts.aspx

Advertisement