Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa del Ray Semi-final 2nd Legs

• 02-02-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Wednesday 2nd February 2011

UD ALmeria v Barcelona, 7:00pm
    Expected Teams
    Almeria - Esteban, M. Macedo, H. Pellerano, Carlos García, A. Luna, M. M'Bami, Corona, F. Vargas, A. Crusat, L. Ulloa, H. Goitom

Barcelona - J. Pinto, A. Correia, G. Piqué, E. Abidal, Maxwell, J. Mascherano, Xavi, S. Keita, Pedro, I. Afellay, Bojan

Real Madrid v Sevilla, 9:00pm, Sky Sports 4
    Expected Teams
    Real Madrid - I. Casillas, S. Ramos, R. Albiol, R. Carvalho, Á. Arbeloa, L. Diarra, X. Alonso, Á. Di María, M. Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo, K. Benzema

Sevilla - J. Varas, S. Sánchez, M. Cáceres, J. Escudé, F. Navarro, D. Zokora, G. Medel, J. Navas, Romaric, F. Kanouté, L. Fabiano

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Would love if Affelay scored his debut goal. I like him alot. Also Sevilla to win the tie isn't that much of an outside bet, Madrid look slightly cagey and Sevilla always go to the bernabeu and put up a good fight (unlike patetico).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

What was the score in the first leg of the Barca game?

Also, it might be too OCD of me, but I just can't stop thinking this:
    MOG7 wrote: »

Barceloan - J. Pinto, A. Correia, G. Piqué, E. Abidal, Maxwell, J. Mascherano, Xavi, S. Keita, Pedro, I. Afellay, Bojan

Forever-Barceloan.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Forever-Barceloan

Rofl... 5-0 first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Barca lineup:
    Pinto; Alves, Milito, Busquets, Adriano; Thiago, Mascherano, Keita; Afellay, Bojan, Nolito

Nice to see Nolito and Thiago in there.

The bench aint half bad :pac:

Valdes, Pique, Abidal, Villa, Pedro, Xavi, Messi

Iniesta, Puyo and Jeffren all injured.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Nolito has started well, its only a matter of time before he scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Gutless from Almeria so far. They would probably be dominated by the Barca under 16's, let alone Barca B.

Gutless from Almeria so far. They would probably be dominated by the Barca under 16's, let alone Barca B.

They have come into it much more in fairness.

Just cracked one off the post.

Goal..........

1 - 0

Adriano first for Barca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Good finish. I can see Afellay getting one tonight aswell hopefully.

Afellay has looked the best Barca so far. His movement is excellent, he has shown an eye for a defence splitting pass and he's athletic enough that he can run at players. Obviously only early days, but he looks the kind of player who could succeed the likes of Xavi.

Bojan has been garbage though, lots of falling over and complaining.

Tiago 2-0. Too easy.

That move by Bojan just summed up how he's playing the last while, he seems to be cought in two minds everytime he gets the ball.

Afellay 3-0.

typical, I lost the stream and then it comes back after Barca score and I miss the goal.

Poor aul Bojan cant even buy himself a goal.

I'm lovin' Affelay, he's that little injection to the squad that we need to add every season to ensure we stay on top of our game, it was Pedro last season, and Pique/ Busquets/ Alves the year before. Great to see that enthusiasm coupled with his ability. Could be a Deco style midfielder for us, he has a lot of energy in midfield.

eZe^ wrote: »
    I'm lovin' Affelay, he's that little injection to the squad that we need to add every season to ensure we stay on top of our game, it was Pedro last season, and Pique/ Busquets/ Alves the year before. Great to see that enthusiasm coupled with his ability. Could be a Deco style midfielder for us, he has a lot of energy in midfield.
    If he gets a run of games and does the business, you might have to give Arsene a call to let him know that Fabregas is surplus to requirements.

Oh my God, Benzema you are rubbish, complete sitter.

• Advertisement

Albiol nearly scores with a hilarious slice into his own net.

Clásico final it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think Sevilla would kill me if I was a fan. Terrible performance or attitude in the second leg. Fabiano was poor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lovely stuff by Ozil there to make it 1 nil. Ozil is a class act. God Benzema is rubbish

Where is the El Clasico final to be played? Another chance to hammer Real:D:D

I wouldnt be so confident. Barca dont tend to play the full team in the Copa. Also considering Madrids current predicament in la Liga they will definitley be fielding there strongest side seeing as though its looks there best chance of silverware this season. Valdes certainly wont be playing the final and perhaps a couple of others. The more important meeting is the league game a couple of days before the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

redout wrote: »
    I wouldnt be so confident. Barca dont tend to play the full team in the Copa. Also considering Madrids current predicament in la Liga they will definitley be fielding there strongest side seeing as though its looks there best chance of silverware this season. Valdes certainly wont be playing the final and perhaps a couple of others.

Suppose it depends on there progress in the Champions League but I would expect both teams to be at full strength (exception valdes). I would still fancy Barca to beat them with a few slight changes. Affelay, Adriano and Kieta are all good players. Dont see PEP wanting to loose against Jose in any match.

Casillas has just said pitchside that he believes it will be a very complicated final for Madrid as Barca are a difficult opponent. Benzema must feel like crap - had about half a dozen chances and nada - subbed for Ade with 5mins to go and he scores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Adebayor with a goal, Clásico final.

I hope C.Ronaldo starts scoring soon, this drought can't be helping his confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

If Benzema could finish he'd be amazing. That through pass he made for Ronaldo near the end would have us jizzing our pants if he was Xavi or Iniesta.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    If Benzema could finish he'd be amazing. That through pass he made for Ronaldo near the end would have us jizzing our pants if he was Xavi or Iniesta.

When he missed the header from 3-4 yards out, that was appalling.

CorkMan wrote: »
    I hope C.Ronaldo starts scoring soon, this drought can't be helping his confidence.

He was rubbish enough to be fair. Seemed to be thinking too much in possession.

Madrid were rubbish, Sevilla were 50 times worse. So bloody gutless, they didn't seem to want to attack at all. Ozil was by far the classiest player on the pitch, deserved his goal really.

I really really think Kanoute is just sheer quality by the way, he is the complete target man, he wins so many balls, but his feet and technique are up there with some of the best wingers in the league. Love the man. His team was fcuking dire though....

The Clasico Copa Del Rey is going to be strange. I never witnessed one, I'm hoping we play a few reserve players, Affelay/ Mascherano anyway. I'll be nervous as fcuk that weekend, it could spell the turning point where we lose grip on the league and lose out on a trophy, but I'm sure Pep will make the team play as good as possible, so it'll be a case of whether Madrid play to their potential or not also.

CorkMan wrote: »
    When he missed the header from 3-4 yards out, that was appalling.

In fairness that didnt look the easiest of chances on the replay - whichever way he had to tweak his head to make contact. That said he had plenty of opportunities tonight and should have scored.

In fairness that didnt look the easiest of chances on the replay - whichever way he had to tweak his head to make contact. That said he had plenty of opportunities tonight and should have scored.

Ronaldo's sitter was the worst tbh. Just watching Affelay's celebration, he just looks genuinely chuffed he scored. I can see him turning into a fan favourite tbh.

Unless he can find some form, I would say that Benzema will leave over the Summer. He has been pure gash this season.

As for the final, I seriously doubt that Barca will be resting players considering they're playing Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I do think Benzema can still go on to be a really good player at another club. Fergie used to like him, United would be a good fit for him.

Real are too big a club with too high expectations. Benzema doesn't strike me as the type that thrives in such conditions.

Barca played a full strength line-up (with the exception of Pinto) in the first leg against Betis. No way will they be resting players in the final.

• Advertisement

I'd have no quarrells if Bojan was to play on the right wing :D

Unless he can find some form, I would say that Benzema will leave over the Summer. He has been pure gash this season.

As for the final, I seriously doubt that Barca will be resting players considering they're playing Real.

I would put the house on Pinto playing the final ahead of Valdes. Pep stuck with him in 2009 when they reached the final - cant see him changing his policy. The Copa traditionally see's Spanish sides field the reserve keeper although Madrid seem to have broken with that by playing Casillas in this seasons competition.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Barca played a full strength line-up (with the exception of Pinto) in the first leg against Betis. No way will they be resting players in the final.

Aye, thats true but in the other 7 Copa games this season Pep has made some changes. Even the two games against Athletic Bilbao didnt see the usual 10 (Pinto) start and that would have been a game perhaps you would have thought you would see a full team fielded as opposed to against Betis.

It will be played in the Mestalla on Wednesday the 20th of April.

MOG7 wrote: »
    It will be played in the Mestalla on Wednesday the 20th of April.

It has not actually been confirmed by the RFEF as yet.

The Mestalla is the front runner though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

What ever about Seville being robbed in the first leg, tonight they showed absolutely no determination considering they were playing in a semi final. Absolutely appalling work from 10/11 players, Kanoute being the only Seville player that actually looked hungry for the win.

As bad as Seville were Madrid were no better. Mou has recently said his players can't play every 3rd or 4th day... But he sticks with the same people week in week out. Madrid need to revolutionise them selves to be in with any chance of winning silverware this season. They have arguably the best squad in the world, but haven't learned how to play for each other yet.

Barca were good tonight, as they are almost every night. Glad to see Bojan and Tiago getting a run out. Even better to see Afellay score :)

Il save the Bojan rant for the FCB thread :)

It has not actually been confirmed by the RFEF as yet.

The Mestalla is the front runner though.

Ah right, on Sky tonight i think they said Sky so thats why i thought that. Can't wait for it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Mestalla is the obvious choice. Perhaps they'll have to wonder about proper segregation for a change for a Clasico. I presume both sets of 'Ultras' wil be turning up.

Advertisement