Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewage System Problem!

Options
  • 02-02-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My sewage system is blocked up the AJ out the back is filled with water,im just wondering as im in an estate does the waste pipe run all the way along the gardens from one house to the next or does each house have a seperate pipe that runs out to the road just want to know in case the blockage is in my own system or it coul be a few houses down
    any help would be great thanks
    p.s the estate was bulit around the 80s so is not new(about 60 houses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

recon_fox wrote: »
    My sewage system is blocked up the AJ out the back is filled with water,im just wondering as im in an estate does the waste pipe run all the way along the gardens from one house to the next or does each house have a seperate pipe that runs out to the road just want to know in case the blockage is in my own system or it coul be a few houses down
    any help would be great thanks
    p.s the estate was bulit around the 80s so is not new(about 60 houses)

Typically if the AJ out the back is blocked it should come around the side fotopath of your house out towards the main road. If it went along gardens then there'd be a massive right-of-way issue.

If the AJ is out the back as in its coming from your upstairs toilet(s), then there may well have been a further AJ between that one and the main road - maybe in your drive. If so check it (if unsure smell it as storm and foul will smell differently) - if its clear then a few sewer rods will sort out your problem. Probably blocked tissue paper or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Modern houses would all have separate connections.

Older house may indeed have a shared sewer along the back of the properties.

AJs suggest it is a more modern property.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 recon_fox

cool ill check this out
    thanks

Advertisement