Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dynamic MRI

Options
  • 02-02-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I am currently waiting to have a Dynamic MRI Scan in St James Hospital Dublin. Does anyone know how long I can be expected to wait until I get my appointment. Waiting over a month now and despite calls to my consultant, I still have received no appointment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

I don't know how it is now, but years ago I needed an MRI and was told it would be several months, so in the end I went and paid for it... If you dont have healt insurance and are thinking of going down that route, euromedic dundrum are the cheapest of the lot. You'd get an appointment within a week or two there. they're also in cork and swords and other places, too. Had two done there recently (but have insurance now, so happy days) and am pleased with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

PaddyJules wrote: »
    I am currently waiting to have a Dynamic MRI Scan in St James Hospital Dublin. Does anyone know how long I can be expected to wait until I get my appointment. Waiting over a month now and despite calls to my consultant, I still have received no appointment.

Your consultant, although he/she requested the scan, doesn't in reality have a lot of say in when it's done. The radiology dept organises appointments for MRIs, so they would be your best bet in terms of getting appointment information.

Advertisement