Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Dargan apartments

Options
  • 02-02-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone have any experience/opinions on the Castle Dargan apartments? And of Ballygawley in general, as an area to live in? I'm thinking of renting one of the apartments at the moment, would appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Just wondering does anyone have any experience/opinions on the Castle Dargan apartments? And of Ballygawley in general, as an area to live in? I'm thinking of renting one of the apartments at the moment, would appreciate any advice!

AFAIK and I can be corrected BUT the last two winter events these houses and apartments got it pretty bad with frozon pipes as in three weeks plus worth of it. I may be wrong but worth asking if you are thinking of living there. Other than that I reckon if the price is right it would be a great spot to live in. Golf membership was down to about 500 last year if thats your kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mydearwatson

bennyc wrote: »
    AFAIK and I can be corrected BUT the last two winter events these houses and apartments got it pretty bad with frozon pipes as in three weeks plus worth of it. I may be wrong but worth asking if you are thinking of living there. Other than that I reckon if the price is right it would be a great spot to live in. Golf membership was down to about 500 last year if thats your kinda thing.

Great, thanks for the advice! I'm not worried about the pipes freezing as I'm only looking at a short term lease, would be gone by next winter. Wouldn't be into the golf now, basically I'm looking for a quiet modern place to study in for a few months. The location seems pretty ideal really - I'd imagine it's lovely and quiet out there, and it's close to Sligo, but not close enough that I'd be distracted from my study by popping in and out of town the whole time! :o

Is there much in Ballygawley, apart from the hotel? I know it's a small village, but I'm assuming there's a couple of shops and pubs at least?

Appreciate any info! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

2 pubs and a shop (maybe 2?)

Ballintogher is also only a few mins away in the other direction and has a few more pubs and a shop.

There is some dodgy reports on Tripadvisor.ie about the apartments but I doubt that it would bother you if studying is your intention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

I have never heard any adverse reports about them, which I guess is only a good thing....is there many living there?

if you're looking for a quiet bolt hole for a few months, and Im presuming its quiet, and its def modern, it would seem to be a good choice...

Advertisement