Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters

Options
  • 02-02-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is legal for general election candidates to erect their posters inside the Charlesland estate - I don't mind seeing them on the main streets etc but considering we have to pay maintenance fees to maintain the aesthetics of the estate it hardly seems fair that these guys can trot in and stick their mugs up everywhere.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As a private development they have no right to put up their election posters within the estate without the express permission of the residents via their management agents.

If there are any up (didn't notice any this morning going to work, but then I didn't notice much!), you could contact the candidates and remind them that they should come and take them down.

In the meantime, name and shame them. It'd be interesting to know who has no respect for private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Theres an agreement that posters should not go up in the town centre but Stephen Donnelly doesnt seem to be aware of it

http://ciaranhayden.com/media/?p=726

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Posters within Charlesland development so far:

Tom Fortune - Labour party
    Niall Byrne - Green Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

There are posters EVERYWHERE. I have seen more Simon Harris posters than anyone else. It's an eyesore, no good for the environment and won't influence my vote in anyway.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

enlighten me; am I right in saying the SAR from the swimming pool roundabout to the Kilcoole roundabout is private roadway?! If so, and enough people get the hump, we could do our own tidy up and remove the posters. Now when I say we, I mean someone else.:D

Best thing I've seen so far is a large truck driving down the cycle lane with a young lad on top of the cab, no safety harness, sticking the posters up - good to see these candidates have their slaves working hard for them with no concern for their safety!

***Edit

Substitute slave for unhired help - if you feel insulted.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

astrofluff wrote: »
    Now when I say we, I mean someone else.:D

lol

Quote of the day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

technically they can't in charlesland because its a private estate.

if you feel so concerned you should contact their offices notifying them they don't have permission of the management company to post them up.

i think we should all ring and complain about them. Bloody polititians, giving politics a bad name!

kinda the same with the link road but unfortunatly its not owned by us. its owned by mountbrook/zapi etc.

Bloody polititians, giving politics a bad name!.

This campaign will be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

After the election, collect as many of those posters as you can. They will be ideal for the snow slide off the Farrenkelly road next winter :D:D:eek:

Let me be the first to slide down the hill sitting on Simon Harris's face!

Did I just write that?!

• Advertisement

Did I just write that?!
    Too. Much. Information.

Did I just write that?!

Erm.... Should this be moved to PI????

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Surely the mgt co should contact the candidates who put up the posters - we pay them enough!!

You actually pay for the services in the estate but yes if you make a complaint to your management company they will pass it on or you

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Tom's posters were the work of a few overly enthusiastic canvassers. (who in fairness meant well!). They will be gone this morning

Just to let you know, Charlesland Wood committee contacted the candidates concerned advising all to remove their posters.

If you need to contact the committee, the email address is: charleslandcommittee4U@gmail.com (add to the sticky thread please mods?)

I'm not a member of the committee, I was asked to pass on the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Fiachra2 wrote: »
    Tom's posters were the work of a few overly enthusiastic canvassers. (who in fairness meant well!). They will be gone this morning
    meant well because we can only benefit from having tom in our consciousness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Fiachra2 wrote: »

Probably the same over enthusiastic well meaning canvassers who illegally put up the posters along the Farankelly road last week, prior to the Dail being dissolved.
    Is it too much to ask of those who wish to be elected as national legislators to themselves obey the law?
    Its politicians like that that have us in the mess we're in. Its time for higher standards from now on.

Just to let you know, Charlesland Wood committee contacted the candidates concerned advising all to remove their posters.

If you need to contact the committee, the email address is: charleslandcommittee4U@gmail.com (add to the sticky thread please mods?)

I'm not a member of the committee, I was asked to pass on the info.

Done.

Might be worth while adding thecrescentgreystones@gmail.com

• Advertisement

The management company took them down plus quite a lot of them at the roundabout

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Might be worth while adding thecrescentgreystones@gmail.com

That was already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Met a printer a couple of days ago and I suggested they must love election time for all the extra work they must get printing the boards. He said you would think wouldnt you. He said the candidates bang on all the time about shopping in republic but then have the boards printed up north as it's cheaper. Wonder if anyone can validate this. Could cause some embarrassment.

I guess this is on topic as title is 'election posters'

some are printed up North, some are printed in the republic

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 threetrouts

and I believe some in the U.k and some reprinted -- ahem "vandalised" by a grafitti artist from kilmac:):) bloody good artist though.What happened to all the posters on Charlesland roundabout didn't think management company could legally remove them???

and I believe some in the U.k and some reprinted -- ahem "vandalised" by a grafitti artist from kilmac:):) bloody good artist though.What happened to all the posters on Charlesland roundabout didn't think management company could legally remove them???
    yeah they can - its a private road

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

Wineman wrote: »
    Posters within Charlesland development so far:

Tom Fortune - Labour party
    Niall Byrne - Green Party

Bitter Fianna Failer!!

Honestly! wrote: »
    Bitter Fianna Failer!!

Troll somewhere else.

Advertisement