Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stats needed to make a website feasible

Options
  • 02-02-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, this is my first post here and I hope I'm in the right area. Myself and a couple of friends are hoping to set up a website and we're trying to find out information on online advertising in Ireland.

My question is;

Is it possible to find out what sort of advertising income could be made from a website in Ireland with 10,000 unique users per month?

Ideally I'd like a rough figure but any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nechtan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Nechtan wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first post here and I hope I'm in the right area. Myself and a couple of friends are hoping to set up a website and we're trying to find out information on online advertising in Ireland.

My question is;

Is it possible to find out what sort of advertising income could be made from a website in Ireland with 10,000 unique users per month?

Ideally I'd like a rough figure but any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nechtan

Irish ad agencies wouldn't be interested in you with only 10k visitors p/m. Your best hope of advertising is using advertising programmes like Google Adsense or affiliate advertising programmes from Amazon or the likes.

Based on my experience 10k visitors would bring in about €20-€30. But there are so many site-dependant factors it would be wrong to say that's what you can expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Thanks for the info Cormee.

We're just looking for any sort of figures that would help us to set targets for the website to achieve. What sort of unique user figure do you think Irish ad agencies would be looking for? 100k or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Thanks for the info Cormee.

We're just looking for any sort of figures that would help us to set targets for the website to achieve. What sort of unique user figure do you think Irish ad agencies would be looking for? 100k or more?

Not sure to be honest, I have a forum that gets 32k visitors per month and I contacted one agency but they weren't interested enough to even reply. You might have more luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot will depend on the audience niche.

Maybe have a look at the Google ad planner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

My question is;

As BK said - its down to your niche. 10k could be very sufficient depending on what it's about but without that its a "how long is a piece of string" question...

• Advertisement
Advertisement