Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinderman play Vicar Street, 18/6/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Just picked one up - this should be a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Got mine this morning too, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭maps and atlas

Really looking forward to this one. Only spotted it on Ticketmaster.ie during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Damn! I gotta pop into a Ticketmaster after work and pray there are still tickets left!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was hoping this wouldn't sell out any way quickly, but at €50 I couldn't care less tbh. Pity, quality live act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just a heads up for fans, the mighty Grinderman are playing Vicar St on 18th June.

Has'nt been much advertising, grabbed 2 standing tickets myself on Friday.

Tickets 49.50, 6 odd booking fee though.

Can't fricking wait!

Edit: dang, was'nt quite the scoop I thought it was... Anyhew, Woo Hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, what did people think of the gigs over the weekend?

Was there on Saturday myself, thought it was great, 2 great showmen in Nick Cave and Warren Ellis!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I was at Saturday too. Not too familiar with their stuff but thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable show - Cave is a terrific performer, gave it socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Was there last night, great show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dissenter

I was there on Saturday. Great gig and great to see Nick Cave really enjoying himself and getting into it. The crowd were very static though and too many people just wanted to take photos or film it rather than dance, or skank, or mosh. Irish crowds are turning american. Dance motherf**kers dance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Saturday was fantastic, although the encore and some of the song choices during it were a little “meh…”, perhaps they were tired following a terrific main set.

Warren Ellis is just a wiz with effects… creates such an individual sound. It was strange seeing him holding a regular guitar during one of the songs.

Honestly, the Bad Seeds post-Boatmans Call hasn’t done much for me… The Grinderman stuff is far more interesting and engaging to me.

“Hey man, I’M JUST TRYING TO RELAX!!!” :D

Advertisement