Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pub to see ireland/france ?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi !
    Firstly, sorry for my bad english ;)
    we are 4 french friends, and we will in dublin city to see the rugby match (6 Nations ) ireland/france.
    We would like to know where it will be the best to see the match on TV..aviva stadium is far from the city center, so where is the best pub, the best people? Around the stadium? In the city center? Temple bar? Everywhere?
    Actually we don't research some pub with french or turist people, we prefer a pub with a good ambiance :)
    And an other question, is for the third halftime, which pub (or disco bar) close after the other in the night ? =D and at what time? :p

Thanks a lot for yours answers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Most of Dublin is a good place to be during 6 nations home games.

There are a multitude of so-called "rugby pubs" where there will large numbers of fans on their way to the game. If you don't want to stray too far from the city center then your best bet will be Baggot Street, which is close to Stephen's Green. Doheny and Nesbits is one of the most famous pubs in Dublin and is a very popular pub for rugby fans. Just across the road from that is Toner's, which is a much smaller pub but has a similar atmosphere. I like Toner's as it's close to my office, it's small and there's no bull$hit in the place. Both pubs are quite old and have plenty of atmosphere.

I'm afraid my disco bar days are behind me, so I wouldn't dare to speculate as to what's good nowadays!

Bonne chance et j'espère que vous avez un grand temps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

Kielys. By a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 elcoam

thanks for your answers.. Yes, i have seen the rugby forum, i ve posted the same :p
    What about the night in dublin? At what time are closing pub or discobar? Is it better on saturday? sunday? Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Firstly the stadium isn't that far from city centre anyway - 30min walk from stephens green maybe. However the pubs around there will be absolutely packed before and after the games, uncomfortably so probably.

Some places I would recommend that should have a decent atmosphere -

Doheny & Nesbitts/Toners/Baggot Inn/Searsons - All on Baggot street.

Messrs Maguire on Burgh Quay or Sinnotts on south king street.

Messrs, Sinnots and Baggot Inn are all late bars and would be open until 2.30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement