Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrician work - Australia

Options
  • 02-02-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

(Firstly apoligies is there is a thread on this already - I have searhed and not found anything )

With the country the way it is :mad: we are a typical couple living on 1 wage with a mortgage and bills etc etc. (just lucky we have not had kids yet)
    it has come to a stage where my partner - fully qualified electrician - really needs to find work, and is now looking at moving to OZ.

Just wondering if anyone has any contact / tips on where to start - ideally we would prefer him to get a job and then go out... the more money the better of course as i wont be going with him and need to make it worth the heartache :o
    He has signed up for the seminars in the Red Cow - Skills Shortage or something like that, not sure if they are a good place to start?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

CurranBun wrote: »
    (Firstly apoligies is there is a thread on this already - I have searhed and not found anything )

With the country the way it is :mad: we are a typical couple living on 1 wage with a mortgage and bills etc etc. (just lucky we have not had kids yet)
    it has come to a stage where my partner - fully qualified electrician - really needs to find work, and is now looking at moving to OZ.

Just wondering if anyone has any contact / tips on where to start - ideally we would prefer him to get a job and then go out... the more money the better of course as i wont be going with him and need to make it worth the heartache :o
    He has signed up for the seminars in the Red Cow - Skills Shortage or something like that, not sure if they are a good place to start?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.... :)

Hi there,

I am a spark living in Perth. There is plenty of work here for sparks. Has your partner looked into getting an electrical licence yet? This can take months to get once you arrive so if you are going to come over here it is best to look into that first as it can be hard to get work without it. The process is different from state to state though.
    Have a look at this for more info:
    http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

As for getting a job before you go out..this would be almost impossible as most of the jobs advertised require an electrical licence.
    Have a look at www.seek.com.au for jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭CurranBun

Hi Aido,

Thanks for the below, its really helpful, he will be checking that out.
    Can you obtain the licence from ireland before you go out?

Is it good money over there, like we have heard?

Advertisement