Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant help near Olympia Theatre this Sat 5th feb?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am not too sure where to post this question, so if its in the wrong place/section can a mod please move for me? Thanks!

So me and my Dad are going to see 'The Field' in the Olympia this Sat in Dublin, we are going to the afternoon show at 3pm so I'm guessing it will be over around 5.30 or 6pm.

My question is, as I dont eat out in restaurants at all, can anyone recommend to me a good place to bring my dad for some dinner after the play very close by that is nice, not too busy and at a good price?

Dad loves a steak, I'm not too fussy. We both will not be drinking I'd say so wine etc is not important.

Thanks very much!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I'll recommend Toscana on Dame Street. It's literally just straight up from the Olympia opposite Dublin Castle and down a few doors from a bakery called "Queen of Tarts".
    It's Italian and absolutely gorgeous.

Here's a link to get to their menu's.. Very reasonably priced with great deals that run during the week and on a Saturday too I believe. I go there nearly every week I'm in Dublin. Their meatballs are fantastic.

http://www.toscana.ie/

Also another Italian I would recommend highly is Topolis. It's on Parliament St which is seconds from the Olympia Theatre. They do a very lovely antipasti made of a really nice variety of cured meats, olives, artichoke hearts and bread. It'd do the 2 of you nicely for a starter :) Their pizza's are stunning too. The best I've had in Ireland. All Italian staff like the Toscana staff and a little more friendly then them too. Their ceasar salad is amazing too. I'm sure they'd do a good steak! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Lornen wrote: »
    I'll recommend Toscana on Dame Street. It's literally just straight up from the Olympia opposite Dublin Castle and down a few doors from a bakery called "Queen of Tarts".
    It's Italian and absolutely gorgeous.

Here's a link to get to their menu's.. Very reasonably priced with great deals that run during the week and on a Saturday too I believe. I go there nearly every week I'm in Dublin. Their meatballs are fantastic.

http://www.toscana.ie/

Also another Italian I would recommend highly is Topolis. It's on Parliament St which is seconds from the Olympia Theatre. They do a very lovely antipasti made of a really nice variety of cured meats, olives, artichoke hearts and bread. It'd do the 2 of you nicely for a starter :) Their pizza's are stunning too. The best I've had in Ireland. All Italian staff like the Toscana staff and a little more friendly then them too. Their ceasar salad is amazing too. I'm sure they'd do a good steak! :)

Ah a friend of mine used to eat in Topolis all the time, its near the subway and frount lounge bar right? Must look into them as I've only ate there once about 8 years ago.

Toscana sounds promising enough too, I will check out there menu this evening when i get home.

Thanks Lornen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi, I am not too sure where to post this question, so if its in the wrong place/section can a mod please move for me? Thanks!

So me and my Dad are going to see 'The Field' in the Olympia this Sat in Dublin, we are going to the afternoon show at 3pm so I'm guessing it will be over around 5.30 or 6pm.

My question is, as I dont eat out in restaurants at all, can anyone recommend to me a good place to bring my dad for some dinner after the play very close by that is nice, not too busy and at a good price?

Dad loves a steak, I'm not too fussy. We both will not be drinking I'd say so wine etc is not important.

Thanks very much!!!!!
    he certainly will not be disappointed with this steak!
    http://www.fxbrestaurants.com/contact.html
    it's just around the corner from the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

HI

the restuarants mentioned are all worth a visit

I also pass by a place called 'The Larder' on parliament street (oppossite side of road to topolis)which looks quite good, they advertise steak nights so that might suit your dad

they seem to have an early bird menu too

http://www.thelarderbistro.com/menu.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭CabanasBoy

If you want to venture onto South Great Georges Street you'll find Brasserie Sixty6 and further along on the same side you've got Darwins. Both highly recommended and Sixty6 do two mains for the price of one, google them. If its steak you want you could also try Buenos Aires Grill on Golden Lane (runs between Georges St and St Patricks Cathedral). Fantastic Argentinian beef.

• Advertisement

Ah a friend of mine used to eat in Topolis all the time, its near the subway and frount lounge bar right? Must look into them as I've only ate there once about 8 years ago.

Toscana sounds promising enough too, I will check out there menu this evening when i get home.

Thanks Lornen!!!

I don't know what it was like 8 years ago but it's a bit lovely now :) Lovely waiting staff and really good service, they don't hover over you either when they see you're about to finish up like some places. Pressure! :P

No worries, I hope you find a nice restaurant, as all the posts so far show you will certainly not be stuck for a good spot on the night! Enjoy the concert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I love Ciao Bella Roma for great pizzas. Major sad face that Gruel & The Mermaid has closed (BAH!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I actually love Pacinos on Suffolk street (5 min wakl from the Olympia). Its an Italian restaurant with a nice rustic wine and tapas bar downstairs depending what you fancy. Never had a bad meal or sercvice in there and its reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭brick tamland

If you dad likes a steak than FXB is the place to go. They have a good Early bird if its on on a Saturday ( im not sure ). 2 mins walk

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

second the bull and castle FXB's its more of a "Dad" type place they do great steaks and the yummiest thick cut chips it also does great beers if he'd like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

olaola wrote: »
    I love Ciao Bella Roma for great pizzas. Major sad face that Gruel & The Mermaid has closed (BAH!)

They've closed down?!!!:eek:
    I was just thinking of going for brunch on Saturday week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Thanks to all for the recommendations! In the end I brought him to Topolis, and He got... Fish and Chips lol. But they were lovely chips and the fish was super nice too with a glass of house white. I got he lamb cutlets with mash, really nice! Service was really great, they just take your order and ask you once if your enjoying your meal which is great! Came to a total of €34! for the early bird. Dad was very happy with his meal and I am going to try and get him into town more and bring him to more meals now.

Thanks again guys!

Oh and 'The Field' was brilliant! Go if you can get a ticket!

Thanks to all for the recommendations! In the end I brought him to Topolis, and He got... Fish and Chips lol. But they were lovely chips and the fish was super nice too with a glass of house white. I got he lamb cutlets with mash, really nice! Service was really great, they just take your order and ask you once if your enjoying your meal which is great! Came to a total of €34! for the early bird. Dad was very happy with his meal and I am going to try and get him into town more and bring him to more meals now.

Thanks again guys!

Oh and 'The Field' was brilliant! Go if you can get a ticket!

Glad you enjoyed yourself in Topolis and had a great time at your concert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    They've closed down?!!!:eek:
    I was just thinking of going for brunch on Saturday week:(

Yeah, they closed just before Christmas : http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0114/1224287488277.html

Advertisement