Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living with CES

Options
  • 02-02-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey I'm new to this forum and I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has CES? and could they give me some advice on how to stay positive in trying to get better!

I was diagnosed with CES in Jan 2010 and I still haven't got better and I'm only 18.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i'll move this to LTI, more suited there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

what is CES?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boo5492

Its condition called cauda equine syndrome. It effects your lower back and the nerves around it! Its a serious neurological condition. Well if you want more detail about it type it into wiki :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

:) I never heard of it before Boo and when I looked up CES abrieviated I came up with all sorts of english, electronic and environment services....I assumed that was not what you were suffering with;)

From briefly looking it up it look like recovery is possible but can take time??
    I am not much help to you really, is there a support group for sufferers of this?
    As regards staying positive I have been through the mill healthwise and it is not always easy! however I did do cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT)and it really helped me, maybe you could try that?

Advertisement