Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accessing an NAS via the Internet

• 02-02-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What's the best way of accessing a NAS via the internet?

1. I have a NAS on my home network with ddns enabled so when I use the ddns address I can access my NAS's web menu. Is this a secure way of accessing it?

2. Also can I map a network drive via windows to link to the logical volume of my NAS from the internet? I have tried to map using the ddns address but it does not connect eg. //example.ddns.com/drive_volume (entering also a username & password which I setup). I though this should work? Do I need to forward more ports to allow this (only one port forwarded thus far)? Also is this a secure way to access my NAS?

Sorry about all the questions but this is the first time I have done this and I don't my files hacked easily by anyone on the internet.

Im not sure has this been answered before, I have done a search but cant find any direct answers

Comments

Advertisement