Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

One of Jan O'Sullivan's posters was being blown around the roundabout by Vistakon in Annacotty at around 9pm. Finnegan's roundabout is ridiculous with the amount of posters on it. Apparently Passage West and Clonakilty (I think) have banned them in their towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

I see a lot of Micheal Martin posters around. I find this strange as he did very very little for limerick when he was minister for trade and enterprise. Poor decision from FF, he should be keeping a low profile here.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

liammur wrote: »
    I see a lot of Micheal Martin posters around. I find this strange as he did very very little for limerick when he was minister for trade and enterprise. Poor decision from FF, he should be keeping a low profile here.

Liam,
    Can I ask what your political allegiances are ?
    Are you a supporter or do you have any affiliations with any particular party or candidate ?
    BTW, I'm fully expecting that you will avoid answering the above questions comprehensively.

It seems to me that you take every opportunity to have a go at the same party every chance you get, the same repetitive waffle over and over and over again.
    It gets very boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw one United Left Alliance poster. Couldn't tell you who the person is. Only saw the one poster up by the Army Barracks.

Small budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Berty wrote: »
    I saw one United Left Alliance poster. Couldn't tell you who the person is. Only saw the one poster up by the Army Barracks.

Small budget?

There are a few of them out the Castletroy/Dublin Rd direction - Cian Prendiville is the candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Have you noticed how many of the Micheal Martin posters were put up upside down!!! I've seen 3-4 of them so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Small budget?

There are plenty of ULA posters about. Seen them on the Ennis road, O' Connell Avenue, Castletroy, and a few other spots. Prendiville is their Limerick candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Delphi91 wrote: »
    Have you noticed how many of the Micheal Martin posters were put up upside down!!! I've seen 3-4 of them so far.

Yep and they were not tampered with either as both plastic straps on the upside down posters I saw were perfectly intact and the posters were not damaged either. Just lazy and shoddy work by the people putting them up.

Delphi91 wrote: »

That's the way I'd have him if he knocked on my door :)

Liam,
    Are you a supporter or do you have any affiliations with any particular party or candidate ?
    BTW, I'm fully expecting that you will avoid answering the above questions comprehensively.

It seems to me that you take every opportunity to have a go at the same party every chance you get, the same repetitive waffle over and over and over again.
    It gets very boring.

I've no political allegiance at all, nor have I anything to do with any party. I'll probably vote labour or FG.
    I am angry with F Fail, particularly with the way they treated Limerick city and county. This was inexcusable.
    They messed up very badly at national level, but it's the local issue that I'm more annoyed about.

My background is in economics and I know the importance of IDA jobs.
    I've no direct interest in seeing jobs come into the region, as I'm in a well paid job, but I do feel very sorry for all the small business people who went bust through no fault of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

It's the face that matters in Limerick, not any discernible achievements. Willie O' Dea will be the highest vote-getter again ffs, despite the farce around this time last year.

People in Limerick city will see Martin and think of that kind uncle they have, ara shure look at him, isn't he a grand man for de country kinda shi'ite.
    Liam,

It gets very boring.

It's not waffle, he's made a good point there about Martin. What are your political allegiances? What does it matter?

Final Failure have screwed the country, and Limerick in particular has suffered because of it. I think it's to be expected that FF will be bashed and derided on here.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    It's the face that matters in Limerick, not any discernible achievements. Willie O' Dea will be the highest vote-getter again ffs, despite the farce around this time last year.

People in Limerick city will see Martin and think of that kind uncle they have, ara shure look at him, isn't he a grand man for de country kinda shi'ite.

It's not waffle, he's made a good point there about Martin. What are your political allegiances? What does it matter?

Final Failure have screwed the country, and Limerick in particular has suffered because of it. I think it's to be expected that FF will be bashed and derided on here.

Yes Ciaran. Limerick got less than 1% of all IDA jobs last year, and this was after the Dell fiasco. How can anyone, including F Fail people be happy with this?

Really? You've never mentioned it before. :rolleyes:

Really? You've never mentioned it before. :rolleyes:

I was never asked it before. But I often post in the economic forum, highlighting mistakes you amongst others have made in the past.

I was never asked it before. But I often post in the economic forum, highlighting mistakes you amongst others have made in the past.

Have you not mentioned that point at every opportunity or is that another poster Im thinking of?

Have you not mentioned that point at every opportunity or is that another poster Im thinking of?

Mentioned what point?

I've no political allegiance at all, nor have I anything to do with any party. I'll probably vote labour or FG.

I'm going to guess Labour;)
    I am angry with F Fail, particularly with the way they treated Limerick city and county. This was inexcusable.
    They messed up very badly at national level, but it's the local issue that I'm more annoyed about.

Yes Liam I know that you are angry with FF, and my point is that you constantly repeat that same point. The OP started the thread to highlight illegally placed posters and you've managed to drag it back to the usual 'I hate FF etc' type thread.

Whats that got to do with anything ? Do you need a background in economics to know the importance of IDA jobs ?:confused:

FF and I've never denied that.
    It matters because of the sheer quantity of Liam's anti FF posts.
    He has denied any political motivation and I accept that.

Yes Liam I know that you are angry with FF, and my point is that you constantly repeat that same point. The OP started the thread to highlight illegally placed posters and you've managed to drag it back to the usual 'I hate FF etc' type thread.

Whats that got to do with anything ? Do you need a background in economics to know the importance of IDA jobs ?:confused:

You are wrong again.
    I posted the answers to your questions and it will probably be FG, as I think we need a a party that will make cuts now.
    I never once said on any thread 'I hate FF'. Don't misquote people.

People in economics are likely to be more aware of this than others. Even I was surprised to note that Limerick got less than 1% of IDA jobs last year. I just want the average person to know how the political system have taken us here for granted.

You are wrong again.
    I posted the answers to your questions and it will probably be FG, as I think we need a a party that will make cuts now.
    I never once said on any thread 'I hate FF'. Don't misquote people.

Jeez Liam, read my post again more carefully and relax a bit

• Advertisement

Jeez Liam, read my post again more carefully and relax a bit

You are making too many assumptions about my motives. I answered all your questions honestly, I will probably vote FG, I don't hate FF, just angry with them (and also with the IDA). I feel for all the small businesses in the city and county that have gone bust.

I have contacted the IDA on several occasions over at least 5 years urging them to take action. So maybe you should be relax a little on your criticisms of me, because all I want is fair play for this region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen it all tonight. Coming home out the Tipperary Road and just before the turn off for Caherconlish/Hospital there was only of road work type mobile electronic signs like below asking to vote for some gobsh1te called John Dillon and he was your only man. :rolleyes:

capt973bc9c198ad455496f74daf552fdfa5correction_zombies_ahead_ny136.jpg

It was raining heavy and traffic was braking suddenly thinking there were road works ahead, could have caused an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Those orange boards should be restricted to road works only, they're a bloody nusiance when used for private advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seen it all tonight. Coming home out the Tipperary Road and just before the turn off for Caherconlish/Hospital there was only of road work type mobile electronic signs like below asking to vote for some gobsh1te called John Dillon and he was your only man. :rolleyes:

capt973bc9c198ad455496f74daf552fdfa5correction_zombies_ahead_ny136.jpg

It was raining heavy and traffic was braking suddenly thinking there were road works ahead, could have caused an accident.

There's one similar inside a wall near the roundabout on the Limerick side of Adare. Flashing in the dark and rain the other night when I was going home was very distracting and I think dangerous :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

As Liam points out above, being in economics would mean you're more likely to be following these things. He's been highlighting things like that for others, like me, who otherwise would gloss over them.

If you were to follow my posts I'm sure you'd find plenty of criticism of Final Failure. It's to be expected on threads about politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Heading to Lunch today and spotted a lot of Peter Power
    Posters with a Black "X" spray painted crossing out his face.
    The others were untouched.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

There's one of Peter Powers posters on the Coonagh roundabout with an adolph hitler type moustache drawn on it and he is the absolute spit of hitler on it.Only for his name is on it you'd swear you were back in pre-war Germany.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There was a massive peter power one at the roundabout near Collins pub and last nice it was gone - hope that tool doesnt get anywhere near the next govt. Same goes for Dillie O'Wea

As Liam points out above, being in economics would mean you're more likely to be following these things. He's been highlighting things like that for others, like me, who otherwise would gloss over them.
    I would say not having a job makes you more likely to be following these things
    We don't need qualifications in economics to figure out how important IDA Jobs are.
    If you were to follow my posts I'm sure you'd find plenty of criticism of Final Failure. It's to be expected on threads about politics.

Scroll up Ciarán, the thread is about election posters, an interesting topic if everyone would stick to that subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There are far too many posters up. Talk about a waste of money. :rolleyes:

What about the sheer quantity of your pro-FF posts? Every time there is the slightest criticism of FF on here or Willie O'Dea you are in like a flash to defend them. You are not Cathal Crowe by any chance?:D

Advertisement