Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fit/crimp these TV co ax connectors??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Funnily enough I have those in my toolbox as well. They're good but they can be a pain in the arse too. Some batches aren't as sticky as you'd like them to be and start to unstick after you've applied them. It can be really annoying if you've got say 1 and 11 in the same cable and one of the 1's on the 11 falls off, that kind of thing.

Also, fingers need to be clean when using them as all the oils and dirt stick to them and make them useless.

yeah i know what ye mean, we got some in that were a grey colour and they were crap, then got black ones in and they were much better, depends who is suppling them i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I agree. They are a nice idea, but a waste of time really as you can't really rely on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think Ill just use my hand held Dymo label printer so.

Thats what I use when labeling up patch panels and RJ45 plug ends.:)

Advertisement