Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suarez vs Dzeko

• 02-02-2011 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Who out of these 2 is the better player? I know people are starting to hate these versus threads but I think it will be very interesting which one will be seen as the better player this time next season, both have been on fire for there former clubs/leagues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

If you know people hate these threads, why post them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Who out of these 2 is the better player? I know people are starting to hate these versus threads but I think it will be very interesting which one will be seen as the better player this time next season, both have been on fire for there former clubs/leagues

They're a bit chalk and cheese. If you really want to compare someone to Dzeko, compare Andy Carroll. Both tall, target men, good in the air, not bad technically and around the £30 million mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Two different kinda players... Think it's crazy to compare them.

Plus their both coming from two league's of very different stature.... Dutch league can not be trusted! See Alfonso Alves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Yawn...There's a 'no-list threads' rule discussion going on in the film forum..the same discussion should be happening here regarding these threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Plus their both coming from two league's of very different stature.... Dutch league can not be trusted! See Alfonso Alves.

See: Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy, Seedorf, Davids, Romario, Cruijff etc etc etc.

Plenty of decent players made their name in Holland, and plenty of **** ones came out of Germany. Compare the players on their merits, not the leagues they come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

pointless thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

DH2K9 wrote: »
    If you know people hate these threads, why post them?

Because its a free world

If you hate versus threads and see vs in the title , why do ye bother opening them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Because its a free world

you might inform North Korea of that!

roryc wrote: »
    pointless thread

then why post in it so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If you hate versus threads and see vs in the title , why do ye bother opening them?
    agree with this, if you hate them don't post in them

I think Suarez is a far superior player to Dzeko and will prove this. They are both great players though and any team would be lucky to have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Next x VS y thread will be:
    Who is the best diver C Ronaldo vs Suarez.
    Suarez, no contest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

it will be very interesting which one will be seen as the better player this time next season, both have been on fire for there former clubs/leagues

Then why start one now?

Give it a year as you said and then come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I think Suarez is the better player ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Zombie thread is a zombie thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's lucky I'm not drunk and don't have a machete
    no wait

bad attempt op

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc40gAzdbSzaHf6Un4Sf0g5L87gYnOrNK_EzFpAUcuRAIjuRqvvg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The thread is nearly three years old. While it may seem ridiculous now, it wouldn't have been then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Aguero would be a better comparison now. And I'd take him over Suarez. Top player with less of the baggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Aguero is definitely a top player but his injuries would be a concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Suarez is better than Aguero IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aguero is a better finisher but all round Suarez is a better player. The two standout players in the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Suarez is marginally better, but because of the not inconsiderable baggage, I'd take Aguero a thousand times. Younger too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tumblr_me4dotjljm1rwt20ro1_500.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement