Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Poster outside my front gate scaring my young son

Options
  • 02-02-2011 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

There has been a large Election poster put up right outside my front gate facing my home!
    My young son is very scared of this and as it get darker its getting worse! as now there is a street light shining on it :(
    i have been told i will be fined a large amount of money if I remove it.
    I know for sure that tonight is going to be a sleepless one but is there anything i can do for tomorrow?

I have contacted the party in question but they are busy :/

Somebody please help :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Have you no curtains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Have you no curtains?
    I do which have been drawn most of the day!

Leaving the curtains drawn for the next 2 or so months really is not an answer and my son not leaving the house not really an answer either!

Thanks for ur input :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sure it might fall down in the meanwhile ( and 7 more take it's place!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

If "someone" removes the offending poster during the hours of darkness, or whenever, will the "party" or the overburdened Gardai pursue the matter.

Obviously the visage on the poster could be important---- some are very much more scary than others.!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Bring the child out and introduce them to all the lovely poster angels watching over him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Board.ie sooo helpful :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Justask, you asked this question already in the election thread, so no need for another thread.

Despite feeling pretty good, it might be illegal to take it down yourself. Check with the local county council or the guards before doing anything rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Idea
    Materials needed:
    Some special paint

Now draw a white beard on the window in the line of sight of the couch where your son is sitting. (make sure to Draw beard on the window where the bottom of said posters face ends)

Now add red hat with bell on end. to the top portion of the face on the poster
    Bingo got yourself a Santa Clause

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Removed a couple myself in the last election, flapping in the wind wrecking my head at night.I don't think the parties budget extends to 24 hour security.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OP I think you know what you need to do at this point. We cannot condone any illegal actions, so I'm closing this thread before you are given erroneous advice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement