Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So tired

• 02-02-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I never felt as tired in my life as I do now. I'm not sure what it could be but I'm not sick, I'm eating well and exercising but am jaded beyond belief. I said it to my tutor today after she accused me of staying up late and she said it's the month for it, basically said Feb always tiresome for people. Anyone else feeling like they've been hit by a bus?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Totally know what your goin through unfortunately :( don't play sport any more till dis ****e called the leaving is over... Lost my place on the rugby team...eating ****e!! All for a feckin college place!!!! Ah it shud b worth it... Hopefully be in ucd come September :D promised my math teacher I'd jump in the lake on the first day lol :D:) only a few weeks left (12 weeks) :O ! Gluk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Feeling the very same. Unfortunately I continue to play sport. My performance has never been worse! And as much as I try to study it just wont stick. I've tried going to bed early, eating better, even staying up through the night once to see if I could force myself to go back to normal. Hopefully it will all pass soon so I can get some real use out of study again.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm swimming loads, eating well, I just don't have enough time to relax is my problem. Loads of ways I know to but they all take time...darn school! I'm so pro-home-schooling it's not even funny, first year in mainstream, SO much time wasting in school. I'd only 4 hours a day before now!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

I'm the same....

Art craft mock on Friday, then two full weeks of Mocks starting from Monday. Not actually sure how I'm going to have enough energy to do it all.

Has been bad enough for the last few months, but two weeks of exams thrown in had me wondering how I'm going to cope.

In the words of Anastacia "I'm sick and tired, of always being sick and tired" :rolleyes:

Have officially hit the 6th year brick wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Exhausted already despite having the following being imminent

Mocks in 4 weeks
    HPAT in 4 weeks (The weekend before the mocks o_< )
    Engineering Project deadline in 4 weeks
    Medway University Interview in 5 weeks
    Orals in around 8 weeks.

Then another 8 weeks and the two weeks of hell begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ChristinaIndigo

What's up with some schools not having their mocks for another few weeks.....? We're getting stuff rammed down out necks so the results don't reflect the fact we're nowhere near finished some of our courses :rolleyes:

We've pleaded for another few weeks because at the moment they just aren't going to be an accurate reading of what kind of a grip we have on the course.

Added pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SkinnyGenes

I with you on the tiredness. I decided I'd stay up to study last night got to quarter to 12 my mother then came in and said I looked like a ghost and to go to bed, I did and I managed to sleep in.........i.e staying up late does not help me anything
    I have my 8 mocks crammed into one week cause we missed so muc time with the snow which means at school from 9-4 everyday (we're usually off at 2 on Friday's) and including a mock exam on Saturday I'm already tired and I cannot imagine what next weeks going to be like. Then we only have a month and a hlaf till orals, UGH!! I hate leaving cert and I hope to god I don't have to repeat :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 livelaughlove

I was the same around this time last year when I was doing the leaving. Unfortunately there isnt much you can do only go to bed early and get lots of sleep. :D. Just take each day as it comes and try not to get too stressed out as that can make you even worse. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

All I do now is study, it's pretty bad, I'm getting up at six and studying before school aswell. I didn't think it would have such an impact on social life aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Quick query...are you taking iron and if so have you been tested for haemochromatosis? Was a huge problem with people in my class in college, people essentially poisoning themselves. Just an aside...leads to severe tiredness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Quick query...are you taking iron and if so have you been tested for haemochromatosis? Was a huge problem with people in my class in college, people essentially poisoning themselves. Just an aside...leads to severe tiredness.

Lol love how you just u-turned the conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

Isn't haemocromatosis an excess of iron int he body? And anaemia a deficiency?

Sorry brownlad but it is really common that LC students begin taking iron. If you have this condition then you poison yourself as you don't need it. My hubbie-to-be's family all seem to have this and coming up to exams they forget iron in supplements is not needed. Apologies if I should not have said that but I've seen students get very sick in my class over the years and when I mention this to parents quite a lot have tested positive.

It wasn't intended as a u-turn as is directly related to tiredness.

And yes Sparagon, you're correct, I just jumped on the haemochromatosis idea as this student appears very healthy. Rather than someone who would be anaemic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

My son who is in Leaving Cert has been feeling v tired in the last couple of weeks. Brought him to the doc who identified a chest infection and a low grade fever as being the cause. Doc said that it was the most common complaint in the last 2 weeks after the huge increase in flu that was around just after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sparagon

Sorry Gailgegrinds1, I misinterpreted what you were trying to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

sleep is just so good these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Thanks gg, you're so kind. Just mentioned it to Mom, I don't like to worry her as herself and Dad work so much and there are 8 of us to share out their time when they are home. She took my bloods so we'll find out soon if I have that, she said she'd have done it automatically had I said I was tired. I don't take iron but I do eat a lot of greens and meat as was on a diet plan for a while when completing in swimming competitions and got a taste for it. Thanks all, I think bed before 9 in order tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 SkinnyGenes

Vitamin B supplments could also be taken but there's a risk with all vitamin supplement of hypervitaminosis. Just another note.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm not necessarily tired but struggling to get the motivation to study I had before Christmas back :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

I'm not necessarily tired but struggling to get the motivation to study I had before Christmas back :(
    I feel the same! Hit the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I was studying much more regularly before the snow in November. When the snow came I just ended up doing absolutely nothing and i've lost my study routine because of it.

Advertisement