Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gary Neville Retires from Football

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone know if that story about his swimming pool is true?

You mean the one where 2 Liverpool fans working on his house buried some Liverpool memorabilia under his swimming pool?

Well that depends how gullible you are. Here's a clue, the story is based around 2 employed scousers...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    You mean the one where 2 Liverpool fans working on his house buried some Liverpool memorabilia under his swimming pool?

Well that depends how gullible you are. Here's a clue, the story is based around 2 employed scousers...

;)

I do actually know of one scouser in full time employment.

Wayne-Rooney_32.jpg

I do actually know of one scouser in full time employment.

I do love a story about overcoming the odds to conquer adversity.

A poor mans Phil Neal

So long Gaz, thanks for the memories. Underrated, over hated. Great defender. Solid going forward. Possibly one of the best WUMs of all time too.

pic42296.jpg

I also love how he hates Scousers more than he loves his own bank account:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

People moan all the time that football players have no dedication to their clubs and would happily move away once more money came their way.

Gary Neville was probably one of the most dedicated United players and dedicated footballers around and would probably have sooner retired than been sold so much was his love and attachment for the club.

Look at someone like Torres who claimed Liverpool was the club for him blah blah blah and then hightailed it when things started going downhill and to one of Liverpools rivals no less, do you ever think Neville would have done that? How many times has Torres kissed the Liverpool crest, how many times has Neville? Who do you think actually showed their true beliefs in doing it. Its a much bigger crime that Torres kissed the Pool crest when clearly he didn't give a crap, whereas the Neviller did and it was 100% how he felt.

I can understand why other fans hate him, but he was passionate about the club he played for, and petty or not, his honesty in relation to his love for United is a lot more real than most other players in the game. He was United to the death and whilst you may hate the guy, you can't help but respect his dedication.

you cannot compare the two, thats just stupid, if your comparing him to anyone compare him to the likes of gerrard or carrigher, home grown boys who went up through the ranks.

just after looking at that video of him and schemichael, my god he really is a knobhead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Het-Field wrote: »

Sums him up.....he wouldn't even acknowledge a utd great and hero.

Another famous tunnel moment was Keano having to stick up for him in the tunnel against arsenal. What a wimp...and then he acts all tough against schmeichel!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very good player but by god hes close to the most hated player in football, not the manc fans ofcourse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Ya, what's your point?

• Advertisement

I do love a story about overcoming the odds to conquer adversity.

I don't know if Wayne actually conquered adversity or paid it a couple of grand to have sex with it.

I don't know if Wayne actually conquered adversity or paid it a couple of grand to have sex with it.

Adversity is a difficulty or misfortune, i.e. you being able to come up with a decent comeback. It is not a physical object or being. You can't have sex with it stumpypeeps, do try better next time.

article-1246130-0805E55D000005DC-131_634x363.jpg

Adversity is a difficulty or misfortune, i.e. you being able to come up with a decent comeback. It is not a physical object or being. You can't have sex with it stumpypeeps, do try better next time.

Thats boring. Really boring.

Wtf ?

Next generation crop circles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That is an epic house of epic proportions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Starring in Ratatouille 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Stumpy is trying so so hard in a thread he started.:pac:

Sad to see Neville hang up the boots, though he probably should have in the Summer. A great servant to the club. He played his entire career for the club he supported as a boy, he captained them and won everything there is to win with them more than once. What more could a man want in life?

We loved him because he he was as irrational about opposition teams as we were, because he said the things we thought but never thought a player would say, because if he hadn't made at at United he'd have been singing his heart out on the Stetford End, because he was one of us. His career is a testament to how far you can get based on sheer dedication and a bloody minded will to succeed. Most of all we love him because every other bitter hates him and because he returned it all in spades.

neville_203675a.jpg

Thats boring. Really boring.

Wrong thread.

The Liverpool - Stoke match thread is a few threads down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

Legend but its a good decision before he his remembered for something stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

His one detraction was his pRettyness.
    Think that's what you meant, no? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

How many times has Torres kissed the Liverpool crest,
    loads
    how many times has Neville?
    I'd say none

flahavaj wrote: »
    Stumpy is trying so so hard in a thread he started.:pac:

Sad to see Neville hang up the boots, though he probably should have in the Summer. A great servant to the club. He played his entire career for the club he supported as a boy, he captained them and won everything there is to win with them more than once. What more could a man want in life?

We loved him because he he was as irrational about opposition teams as we were, because he said the things we thought but never thought a player would say, because if he hadn't made at at United he'd have been singing his heart out on the Stetford End, because he was one of us. His career is a testament to how far you can get based on sheer dedication and a bloody minded will to succeed. Most of all we love him because every other bitter hates him and because he returned it all in spades.

neville_203675a.jpg

If you read some of the posts Flahavans, you might have spotted me saying he was the best right back in the Premier league era. But you have so many posts to thank I realise its difficult to keep up.

Great little player. His place is in good hands with Rafael, i think he'll be even better.

manufan16 wrote: »
    Legend but its a good decision before he his remembered for something stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Terrible person.

Is this actually his house?
    lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Terrible person.

lol.

Terrible person? So you know him well personally then? What's he terrible for, murder, rape?

Terrible person.

lol.

This is an artists impression of his future £8 million home, Neville's actual house is in Bolton. Planning permission spontaneously combusted Bolton's civic offices so the actual location remains a mystery. Some say, Neville may be the first football player to live on mars. Its the only way he can completely remove his carbon foot print. Come on flahavaj, thats good stuff?

Terrible person? So you know him well personally then? What's he terrible for, murder, rape?

lol.
    Yes, TERRIBLE.

He took advantage of Paul Scholes

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OqeGgVsGXuo/S9HD64k8NUI/AAAAAAAABrU/bWh6mJ1MhWw/s1600/PAUL-SCHOLES-GARY-NEVILLE-KISS-GAY-ESPN9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Most overrated full back ever, a title that belonged to Paul Parker before him.

This is an artists impression of his future £8 million home, Neville's actual house is in Bolton. Planning permission spontaneously combusted Bolton's civic offices so the actual location remains a mystery. Some say, Neville may be the first football player to live on mars. Its the only way he can completely remove his carbon foot print. Come on flahavaj, thats good stuff?

Looks like it could get flooded quite easily.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

I'm not sure "eagle eye" is a moniker you should be wearing. Name a Premier league right back who's better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It must be very easy then to be first choice for a decade in a united team that dominated the premiership:rolleyes:

Looks like it could get flooded quite easily.

Its that big question, is there water on mars? If so, yes that house is susceptible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

An absolute United legend

I'm not sure "eagle eye" is a moniker you should be wearing. Name a Premier league right back who's better?
    Only one? Lee Dixon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

One thing I'll give him credit for, old Eagle Eye is consistent if nothing else.

Only one? Lee Dixon

I thought of lee dixon cause he was a good player, but stack their achievements beside each other and its a no brainer.

I thought of lee dixon cause he was a good player, but stack their achievements beside each other and its a no brainer.
    Achievements? Team achievements don't mean he was better than Lee Dixon, or Steve Finnan, Stephen Carr and I can go on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

bye gary! your ratlike face will not be missed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Achievements? Team achievements don't mean he was better than Lee Dixon, or Steve Finnan, Stephen Carr and I can go on.

Can't comment on Dixon as I didn't see enough of him in his prime.
    But please tell me that you're not saying that Carr and Finnan are/were better than Neville. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It means a lot when he was first choice in that team.You mightn't like neville but to compare him to those is a joke. Dixon was decent but not quite as good. Carr and finnan weren't a patch on him. Maybe you're not old enough to remember him in his prime, that would be your only excuse:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

lol.
    Yes, TERRIBLE.

Good post would read again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I'm a Liverpool fan, and I've only recently posted glowing comments concerning Edwin Van Der Sar and Paul Scholes on a United forum, as they were both considering retirement. Both top professionals in more ways than one. And I stand by that. I will also do the same for Giggs when he retires.

But I could never ever do the same when it comes to this clown. He is a nasty piece of work and has behaved like a child on numerous occasions. I honestly think he is a very bitter and hateful person and will suffer as a result down the line.

Cough, cough....sour grapes....cough, cough.
    United legend and a world class RB.
    Should have waited at least til after the Man City game!!!!!

Good post would read again.

Thanks.
    Here you go:
    lol.
    Yes, TERRIBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

He hates scousers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I was going to post something about him being a hateful little bollox but this is so much better than petty name calling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

;)

Thats the joke isn't it? Nev doesn't know for sure ....he might just decide to get the diggers in now he has time on his hands. Be a laugh if there was nothing there, but he looks like a chap who can take a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

An absolute clown of the highest order. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

No, actually I would piss on him if he was on fire cos my piss still wouldn't put the fire out and i'd get to insult him one more time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

He was decent back in his day. Been been pretty awful the last few times I've seen him play tho.

His pros were good crossing, good engine & was good at making bad fouls without being spotted by the ref. Was also pretty good at winding other players up & making them loose there cool.
    Was a handy type of player to have in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lawrenson,Lineker and Hansen just said he has been the finest RB in the premier league since it started in 1992. I wonder what there co-host Lee Dixon will think of that

• Advertisement
Advertisement