Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope & Iron Sights

Options
  • 02-02-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

The rifle is a CZ 452wmr which has the standard Iron sights and the scope is a Hawke 6-24x56 Sidewinder 30 with high match mounts.

When fitting there is very little adjustment due to the fore sight of the iron sights which will restrict the scope being sited further back along the rifle due to the large 56mm lens bell shaped housing.

Can the fore sight be removed? (doesnt look like it just dismantled which will not solve problem)

Can you get higher mounts like "extra high"?

Anybody else got similar set up? What did you do?

May be ok but cant find out until tomorrow and it's on my mind now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I would think you have the Lux version of the CZ 22lr. The sights can come offbut I don't know how its done, I've seen people take them off with a grinder. :eek:

If you don't get an answer here then post at www.rimfirecentral.com in the CZ section, they will tell you very quickly how it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Thanks clive ...... reading that it looks like you cant have a 56mm scope on the rifle without a butcher job and i wouldnt do that.

Extra high mounts might sort it out maybe, anybody know of any in 30mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

fodda wrote: »
    Thanks clive ...... reading that it looks like you cant have a 56mm scope on the rifle without a butcher job and i wouldnt do that.

Extra high mounts might sort it out maybe, anybody know of any in 30mm?

My first scope on my CZ 22lr Stylewas a Nikko nighteater 8-32 x 60mm but then it did not have iron sights on.

PM sent 2ya

Advertisement