Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scouse Wig and Moustache

Options
  • 02-02-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in Galway i can get this tomorrow?

and maybe a shell tracksuit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

The joke shop on mainguard street does a lot of wigs/costumes.

Shell tracksuit would be a bit trickier maybe try a halting site somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Will try that shop tomorrow so,going on a stag to Liverpool on Friday morning and it's only now people decided to get this stuff for the stag...

Talk about leaving it late!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Was gonna dress up as the Harry Enfield scousers myself last Halloween.

Dunno about going to Liverpool like that though, you'll probably get your cúnt kicked in

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Was gonna dress up as the Harry Enfield scousers myself last Halloween.

Dunno about going to Liverpool like that though, you'll probably get your cúnt kicked in

I'll be fine,the stag will be wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

you would be making a very big mistake going around liverpool dressed liked that ,surely you are on a wind up here ?
    i go to liverpool very regular i woul strongly advise you not to go like that seen it at plenty of liverpool away games when the other supporters mimic that carry on and gets very nasty i tell ya ,dont say i did not warn ya

• Advertisement

I suppose it's the equivelent of someone coming over here dressed as a leprechaun. Probably won't get bet up but everyone will think you're a gob****e.

Then again, he's going on a stag so everyone thinking you're a gob****e is part and parcel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Joke shops (for wig) and Pennys (for shell) I think?
    Also check the 2euro shop, the have some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I suppose it's the equivelent of someone coming over here dressed as a leprechaun. Probably won't get bet up but everyone will think you're a gob****e.

Then again, he's going on a stag so everyone thinking you're a gob****e is part and parcel ;)

Dressing up like The Beatles or Lulu perhaps would be more paralell to a little green man. Touristy, done for
    ages, branded and acceptable in the mainstream. I'd say the Scouse get up would be more like wearing an 'I'm with thick Paddy' Tshirt. Unless you play down the negative stereotypes OP, and get him a 'Liverpool Men are the best lovers' T shirt, or something else to appease the egos of any large lads that you are likely to offend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Agree with Bossman ... Talk about reinforcing a negative stereotype. If a group of West Londoners, from Chelsea, went to Merseyside on a stag with 'scouse' wigs they would get serious abuse, and rightly so. So what makes you think people would find it 'funny' just because ye are a bunch of Irish lads?

Do we like when foreigners start going on with 'Begorrah' and 'Top o' the Mornin' when they hear our accents overseas. Leave the wig at home.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I recently saw Liverpudlian comedian Tom O'Connor reclaim the wig and moustache. I'd imagine that enough time has passed for it to be allowable again if a cutting edge satirist like that it using it for yuks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Robbo wrote: »
    I recently saw Liverpudlian comedian Tom O'Connor reclaim the wig and moustache. I'd imagine that enough time has passed for it to be allowable again if a cutting edge satirist like that it using it for yuks.

There'll still be some who see a difference between an outsider and a local reclaiming it ;)

Bring good running shoes OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I agree they will not be amused so unless your looking for trouble leave It

Scousers hardness is overrated anyway, come tae Glasgae an we'll set aboot ye

Advertisement