Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip hop/ rap gigs in dublin for new artists

• 02-02-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi I have written some hip hop rap songs, I am a new hip hop artist .I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me the best places to start playing live hip hop music, where can a new artist be able to start playing live in Dublin.I would really appreciate a response. Any advice on starting off playing live also would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Are you into battling or just rapping? If its the former give the Don't Flop lads a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

I don't know of one single place in the whole of Ireland that caters to rap/ hip hop / r'n'b. We are light years behind really.

Seems to be lots of 'who you know' in the scene for gigs..
    maybe spending time at that dont flop to get to know heads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd say get to know other musicians who play gigs, and not necessarily other rappers. There's no real audience for Irish rap so you're better off chancing your arm and trying to get a support slot for an indie band or something. There are open mic nights around town, I wouldn't know where exactly myself but I'm sure if you ask on the general Music forum someone will point you in the right direction.

Going to one of the DFI (not called Don't Flop anymore) gigs is a good way to meet other emcees. Most Irish rappers tend to be hanging about at these events. Also irishhiphop.com/forum is a good place to get a bit of feedback if you want to make some tunes.

Advertisement