Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new elective heading into 4th week - Suggestions on something handy?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

total nightmare,

thx in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

GEOL10040 Earth, Environment & Society

Level 1, 2 lectures a week, 1 Midterm MCQ 35% (11th Feb but its prob not too bad) and 1 final MCQ. Everythings on blackboard.

BMOL10020 Science of human disease is similar I think.

Or just pick the level 1 of whatever language you did for the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

i mentioned that in the language centre today about picking a language i did in LC but she said id probaly start at level 4, possibly level 3!. Plus the languages i'd be looking at for level 1 would be chinese or japanese or something!

Conor108 wrote: »
    GEOL10040 Earth, Environment & Society

Level 1, 2 lectures a week, 1 Midterm MCQ 35% (11th Feb but its prob not too bad) and 1 final MCQ. Everythings on blackboard.

BMOL10020 Science of human disease is similar I think.

Or just pick the level 1 of whatever language you did for the LC

Can you give me a quick synopsis of what that subject entails? I think I might have failed an economics subject (miserably) and I might need an extra subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

pseudo_23 wrote: »
    i mentioned that in the language centre today about picking a language i did in LC but she said id probaly start at level 4, possibly level 3!. Plus the languages i'd be looking at for level 1 would be chinese or japanese or something!

Start a new language like Spanish, or Italian or something. You don't have to do Japanese or Chinese unless of course Italian or Spanish are full.

I did Spanish 1 last semester and was really good and not difficult, I am doing Spanish 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Can you give me a quick synopsis of what that subject entails? I think I might have failed an economics subject (miserably) and I might need an extra subject.

If you're substituting a module, it'll cost you btw.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know that, but it only costs 100 euro more than repeating! It's simply the best option for me, way better than trying to repeat the same subject again and having to dedicate so much time to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

I'm doing Film Style & Aesthetics (FS10030). "There are two grading components of this module. The first is a 1000 word essay which accounts for 30% of the overall grand. The second is a 2 hour exam".

It's pretty handy although it's 3 hours on a Friday...3-6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

You could try Film Sound, if it's being offered this semester, I did it last semester (first time it's ever been offered) and it was pretty good, interesting, and pretty easy, 1000 essay and a short answer questions exam. Incidentally, does anyone know when registration re-opens?

Yep so I failed quantative economics! Did grand in everything else though. Was talking to the programme office and the girl recommended that I take the extra subject this semester and not next year. Now we're already 3 weeks deep so I don't know how good an idea that is.

Anyone gone the route of only doing 11 subjects in first year and picking up an extra stage one elective in second year?

Advertisement