Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything on in Cork??

Options
  • 02-02-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm off work all next week from the 10th til the 17th and unfortunately can't afford to go away on holidays...:( Anways... is there anything on at all in cork city for these days?? I don't mind any suggestions from theater, comedy or music. I have tried the entertainment.ie, opera house and everyman palace sites and just cant find anything. Please help as its my birthday AND valentines day so just wanna do something!! Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

how you doing nursemar, long time no see.

It's all about beer & books.

Happy Birthday in advance anyway :)
    I can't really suggest anything to be honest but it may well be worth having a peak in travel agents for very late deals if you are off anyway and have the time to go, may not suit obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm off work all next week from the 10th til the 17th and unfortunately can't afford to go away on holidays...:( Anways... is there anything on at all in cork city for these days?? I don't mind any suggestions from theater, comedy or music. I have tried the entertainment.ie, opera house and everyman palace sites and just cant find anything. Please help as its my birthday AND valentines day so just wanna do something!! Thanks :D

Have a look on corkgigs.com - The Pavillion has An Audience with Howard Marks on the 10th which should be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

mudokon wrote: »
    how you doing nursemar, long time no see.

It's all about beer & books.
    hey mudukon, i know its being an age! things got so busy the last couple months but thank god are starting to calm down now..:)

I detest beer but i'm sure my OH might appreciate it! thanks :D
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Happy Birthday in advance anyway :)
    I can't really suggest anything to be honest but it may well be worth having a peak in travel agents for very late deals if you are off anyway and have the time to go, may not suit obviously.
    Thanks :D and thanks for the suggestion but I've looked at every option, even going away in Ireland and we just can't afford it! :( Ah well...
    evilivor wrote: »
    Have a look on corkgigs.com - The Pavillion has An Audience with Howard Marks on the 10th which should be a laugh.
    I have never heard of him... Just saw some stuff on You Tube. Seems quite a character. Have you seen him live before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I have never heard of him... Just saw some stuff on You Tube. Seems quite a character. Have you seen him live before?

That could be good fun, I'd recommend reading the book Mr Nice as it's a great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey Birthday Girl,

"After Miss Julie" will be on at the Everyman Palace Theatre next week - that should be good - full of intrigue. Patrick Marber wrote "Closer" I didn't see the play but loved the film with Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Clive Owen and Julia Roberts - so if it's anything like that, then I can't wait. I lifted the following from the Palace site.

"Seduction. Passion. Obsession.

July 1945. A country house near London.

Celebrations for the Labour Party’s landslide election victory are in full swing. The lady of the house, Miss Julie, descends into the servants’ kitchen to seek out John, her father’s chauffeur. As the night draws in and flirtation turns to passion, the two lovers embark on a consuming and deadly dance of desire.

Sex, class and ambition battle for centre stage as Patrick Marber relocates Strindberg’s brutal, sensual love story to post-war England.

“An unforgettable night of white-hot theatrical intensity.” Daily Telegraph

This production contains strong language and sexual themes and is not recommended for audience members under 16."

And if the weather is good - you should get out for nice coastal walks - both east and west of the harbour, you don't have to go far for a nice day out.

Remember - Opening night at Theatre - cheaper tickets. Monday night at some Cinema's - cheaper tickets. Early Bird Menu's in so many restaurants. You will have a lovely "at home holiday".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Just saw him on the Late Late and read the book years ago. He's a former big time drug dealer who tells tall tales - there's a movie made of his life - a comedy.

I'd say he could be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Thanks everyone... so i think what we've decided to do is go to the beer fest, have some food, maybe go for walks through the parks and go on a general pub crawl. There is a lot of good pubs in cork that I've heard about but never being to so it should be an experience! Very romantic i know :rolleyes: but feck we haven't been out in ages! :D

ps we decided against the play because i fricking hated Closer. and we decided against Howard Marks because my OH doesn't like him! Guess we're hard to please! but thanks for the suggestions :D

Advertisement