Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Aqua-Bikes in Ireland

Options
  • 02-02-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there are any Aqua-Bike competitions in Ireland?

There are such competitions, see here http://www.trifind.com/gs_aquabike/AquabikeRaces.html

I really like the idea of this type of race, less chance of impact type injuries and you can really go hell for leather on the bike without holding back for a run after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

I thought it was going to be some sort of underwater bike race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

nomadic wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be some sort of underwater bike race.

Ha! That would be something! Actually there are aquabikes (spin bikes under water) used for recovery from injuries etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Could just sign up to do a relay triathlon and get someone else to do the run.

When I first opened the link all I could see was triathlon, thought you were having a laugh! Can't say I've seen any of them before, be an interesting class of race to hold alongside some of the bigger triathlon events.

Ya I actually think there would be some interest in it, especially as I said for injury prone athletes/triathletes. You could do the swim/bike part of a tri but there are no prises handed out for first into T2...after all we are all in it for the podiums ;)

• Advertisement

Hi MODS, didn't realise I first published this here in the running forum (4 years ago) could you please move the thread to the Triathlon/Multisport forum?

El D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Moved from A/R

Advertisement