Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meals on Wheels

• 02-02-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of a private service for meals on wheels other than the state sponsored one?

This is for an elderly relative living in the city.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

I think Ivans in Caherdavin used to deliver dinners to people around the Caherdavin / Clareview area - I'm not sure if they still do or not or how much it costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

ring the local health centre where they live - the public health nurse should know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I don't think the local Meals on Wheels gets too much state help. From what public health nurse told me recently they depend on voluntary contributions to keep going. They're supposed to be excellent as the meals are fully balance nutrition wise etc. May have to avail of their services for my mother soon and have only heard good things about them. And no, I'm not connected to them in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

its not exactly meals on wheels but my aunt has used this crowd and found them very good, they prepare meals, housekeeping etc for elderly people.
    http://www.homeinstead.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My sister worked for homeinstead during the summer - its a really good service

• Advertisement
Advertisement