Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic Attacks

• 02-02-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I've had a few panic attacks in the past year related to various things. I'm really worried that I will get one during the actual Leaving Cert - not because of the actual exam but rather the atmosphere (the urgency, how important it is etc.). Should I speak to my principal about getting a seat near the door (in case it does happen) or should I not bother?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I would first see if there is anything the GP can do for you, I've only had a few panic attacks in my life and they weren't very nice :(. If you think a seat near the door would help then definitely ask, I'm sure they'll understand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Don't like my GP so won't go to him..! :P I am changing GPs soon though so may speak to my new one about it.

I do get one I won't want to be in the middle of a hall like.. Would be great if I got my own room but A) I'm not dramatic, B) I don't like fuss and C) there are people who need it more than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Don't like my GP so won't go to him..! :P I am changing GPs soon though so may speak to my new one about it.

I do get one I won't want to be in the middle of a hall like.. Would be great if I got my own room but A) I'm not dramatic, B) I don't like fuss and C) there are people who need it more than me.
    You could easily get your own room, it's not a big deal. The school don't care that much, as they're compensated by the SEC. It's also good for other stuff i.e. no distractions, unofficial extra time etc.

theowen wrote: »
    You could easily get your own room, it's not a big deal. The school don't care that much, as they're compensated by the SEC. It's also good for other stuff i.e. no distractions, unofficial extra time etc.

I thought I would need consultants letters and tests done to see am I eligible?! Seemed too much effort to be honest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

I don't know if they will allow you to just walk out though ... I'm not saying your one of those people who would abuse the system by making up panic attacks, but it does happen.

By all means contact your GP ... but take it from me ... There is life after the Leaving Certificate :D I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress too much. A little bit of anxiety is ok because it makes you knuckle down, just try not to let it get the better of you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think that if it makes you feel better you should take up the offer of your own room. Nothing dramatic about it at all and no doubt you'll be as calm as possible in your exams. Plus I think you get your own supervisor so I'm sure that will be a paycheck for him/her in these hard times.

Thanks everyone! :)

I'll speak to my principal after the mid-term about it.. We have mocks next week so I want to get that out of the way first.

Advertisement